Ranking
Original Post
Toribash on Greenlight?
There's a system on Steam called Greenlight, where indie games can be releashed trough steam. More Info here:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765§ion=faq

I just wondered, why an AWESOME game like Toribash isn't there. Cause a lot of people can know then about toribash. The fee to post Your game is 90€, I know It's not cheap, but the invest can be return multiple time.
And sorry if there was a thread about this, im just new here.
/Sorry if my english sux :3/
only thing I hate about steam they make u pay a lot of a cheap game unless its a special offer. They made people pay for Arma 2.... that game is free
It didn't went well...
Probably because many people don't know what it is. Or, they know, they tried it but steep learning curve + unfriendly user interface just scared them off, or made them to abandon game before going further into game-play itself.

One of ten people I told about Toribash tried it, played it and abandon it after few weeks. The rest told me I'm crazy for playing it.

So, Toribash is very specific game and it attracts and holds very specific people. It demands that you invest more of yourself in it, also it's very forum dependent, probably because game doesn't have real tutorial.
All things about Toribash I had to ask either in game or read it on forum. Same like everybody else.

All of these things make Toribash very, very 'special' game, but not in positive way for broader audience. Thus, greenlite isn't working, which is a pity, since people doesn't know what they miss.
There was a team put together to work on this. hampa, andreyoshi and myself. It kind of dissolved because we were having trouble getting the video done, but we were planning to set up an official trailer for the game to put on Greenlight to showcase the games features and whatnot.

We might try again after the next beta release.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Wait, so Steam makes a free game pay to be posted and then charges users to download it? Or am I totally way off...
I would pay for it if it was on Greenlight just because I like the game.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
It didn't went well...
Probably because many people don't know what it is. Or, they know, they tried it but steep learning curve + unfriendly user interface just scared them off, or made them to abandon game before going further into game-play itself.

I think we need to advertise it as an ultra-hardcore fighting game. If you advertise something as hardcore, then people will play it wanting to be hardcore.

Games like DotA and dark souls are popular even though they have stupid learning curves.
Originally Posted by jusmi View Post
There was a team put together to work on this. hampa, andreyoshi and myself. It kind of dissolved because we were having trouble getting the video done, but we were planning to set up an official trailer for the game to put on Greenlight to showcase the games features and whatnot.

We might try again after the next beta release.

Juciy why you give up just because of video So many TB video makers would love to make a trailer. Just host a contest to make an epic trailer, then sit back and wait while you get epic videos. It would be sick of Macperfect or Mocucha (no idea what his tb name) made a video. I'm subscribed to way too many TB video makers...

If you ain't leveraging the community, you're doing it wrong.
^ This.

There are people who would probably made professional looking trailer for TB, and they would even do it for free.

But, off-course, you will give them something for their hard work. :]
I bet that competition would have many entries.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post

Juciy why you give up just because of video So many TB video makers would love to make a trailer. Just host a contest to make an epic trailer, then sit back and wait while you get epic videos. It would be sick of Macperfect or Mocucha (no idea what his tb name) made a video. I'm subscribed to way too many TB video makers...

If you ain't leveraging the community, you're doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
^ This.

There are people who would probably made professional looking trailer for TB, and they would even do it for free.

But, off-course, you will give them something for their hard work. :]
I bet that competition would have many entries.

I'll just leave this here..
Originally Posted by KzTx View Post
They made people pay for Arma 2.... that game is free

They didn't make anyone do anything. ._. Sure there's a free version of Arma 2, but it's missing stuff. There's 3 release versions, 2 cost money. That's entirely down to the people who made it, and has nothing to do with Steam.
Check their site for info on the different versions etc.

TB's a long way off being Steam ready. It'd need stability fixed, a payment system made specifically for Steam + the ingame shop would need a major rework, tutorials remade yadda yadda.

If TB was put on Greenlight in it's current state no matter what trailers were used it'd be downvoted into oblivion, not to mention Valve wouldn't allow it since they have a lot of specifics that need to be met when it comes to ingame purchases.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you