ES Recruitment Drive
that's disappointing. any way to make it work? the other foot just makes it anormal throw doesn't it. or convince them to throw a check?
If you want to learn how a move works you should approach it more analytically.
First lets not call this turnover bc as shown in the Knowledge Base, a turnover requires the use of one free arm posting off the floor. So this is a throw, and more specifically we call this sacrifice throw.

Sacrifice throws require you to forfeit your base and COG to establish a momentum that you want to transfer to your opponent.

In this replay you see both fighters open in the same direction except that SPCR's tori drops is COG lower relative to that of his opponent's COG. Both these elements are crucial to starting this move.
Imagine the opponent by chance opened in the opposite direction as SPCR he would be able to sprawl his foot-base and then force SPCR into the floor, as Iskenos pointed out.

But because the opponent over extended his base and thus lost his footing, SPCR was able to establish the rotational momentum.
By kicking off the floor, SPCR was then able to transfer the rotational momentum into his opponent.

I would also attribute the speedy victory to the opponent's failure to counter raise his arms.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
This is one of the coolest abd replays I've seen. That skeet was awesome
Attached Files

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club
Interesting but nothing crazy.
Toribash Martial Artists
Pretty good wrestling replays, Stealth.
Check out this one:
Attached Files
funky roux does it again.rpl (262.3 KB, 7 views)
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Originally Posted by Theory View Post
That rotation was epic

Thats disgustingly awesome.
Toribash Martial Artists
many moons ago i submitted a kick check for tiers i've never been happy with it. this one how ever. I'm well happy with. so i might as well share some thoughts on kicks and checks.
also if you miss the check it can become a. catch
now to the attacking side.
I prefer low kicks to high kicks on the grounds it helps avoid kick catches and can be replanted faster if you pull out of the kick. the down sides include your knee being more vunerable to fracs and hyper extension dms if its the knee that hits.
I aim for the hip with the toe or shin. The front kneecap with my toes or side of the knee with shin contracted ankle to form a hook. It can be combed with a knee. to follow up or turned into a leg sweep with your hook.
when you replant your foot you should aim to protect your weak plane as a priority and attack theirs as their secondary.
Attached Files
aikido checkwr343.rpl (46.5 KB, 4 views)
aikido mine nowrwersfdsf.rpl (65.3 KB, 3 views)
akido leg swereprwsdfgsdf.rpl (68.3 KB, 2 views)
aikido comborewfsdfsd.rpl (38.5 KB, 3 views)
aikido drop43erewr.rpl (38.5 KB, 3 views)
so, this is what i meant when we were talking about hooks

don't fucking pull in, it gives the opponent quite alot of balance

also a replay with an appropriate use of hipthrows, not setting it up from the beginning
and another appropriate hip throw
Attached Files
when-to-use-hipthrows.rpl (65.6 KB, 16 views)
yet-another-hip-throw.rpl (44.0 KB, 7 views)
and-more-hip-throws.rpl (38.0 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by snake; Dec 28, 2017 at 11:54 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15