Ranking
Original Post
What is bumping?
I see people say "Bump" and then all these people under them get mad. I've taken it as that it moves it back up on the list of threads, atleast i think. Am i right? If so, how do i do it? Just reply Bump or something?
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...177#post496177 <---REQUEST SHOP! Good heads, GREEEATT price! TONY THE TIGER!
It is not liked when you do it, but it is when you say "bump" so your own topic or someone else's is moved back up to the top of the topics page.

B&B&B&
Bumping is posting in an old thread and so "bumping" it up to the top of the board threads list (as threads are listed by most recent post). Bumping attracts a lot of flak here for no good reason.

If you're going to bump a thread, have a good reason for doing so, and make a reasonable post. A "bad bump" is bumping an old thread with text such as "lol", asking a question that has already been answered, etc.. The former example would earn you an infraction due to a breach of the "No stupidity" rule, as well.

Also, any posts containing words to the effect of "Don't bump old threads" and containing nothing worthwhile, will be deleted/infracted.
Last edited by 3vi1; Jun 25, 2008 at 05:26 PM.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."