Toribash
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
So should we just clench our butt cheeks and take it?

No. But what you don't do is try your hardest to fuck up the situation even more, which is what your 'solution' would do.

Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
The situation now boils down to "they are shooting at us and we are turning the other cheek". Long-term solutions like the one you mentioned are important, but there's also the question of self-defense against aggression, and also what image we are trying to project for would-be jihadists. Currently we (Europe) are the strong kid on the playground everyone dares to pick on because he doesn't dare to retaliate.

We make stupid decisions that aren't really thought through when people like you demand an immediate reaction (e.g. the Patriot Act). Something terrible happens and we're so shook by it, we're temporarily insane - we're willing to do things we wouldn't rationally do if we weren't so shaken.

There is no, short term, magic pill that will make things right. Any actions we take should work at targeting the causes for terrorism, rather than tackling the symptons of it. That means developing a long term plan. Any actions we take should be in accordance with that plan as opposed to being knee-jerk and made with 'heat of the moment'-type thinking.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM.
Merci à toi vermine...
GROS soutien à nos compatriotes...
Gros soutien au membre de Charlie hebdo encore en vie.
Faut qu'ont chope ces terroristes...
R.I.P Les membre de Charlie hebdo.
R.I.P Au policier mort dans leur fonction...
French Player, Old member of OFRO
if you want, the Official FRench Organisation (OFRO) will ans to you about the facts or about what happen after the attack.
Thanks for support guys, Charlie hebdo contain so much people who defend the true freedom, and each one find death yesterday...
what can we do? except supporting victims family? radical islam is everywhere, every musulman can be radical, and we can't shoot every musulman so...
0 solutions
World change...
Islam 1-0 Freedom
-----
Hawk we are on english thread please, we're not on Ofro...
Last edited by Astral; Jan 8, 2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!
Sorry astral but this is about Radical Islam , there's two islam , the normal one , and the radical one , Islam is (in first) a religion of peace and love.
The ISIS think that in the coran this is say that they have to kill people.

(Sorry my english is fucked up' , i'm tired...)
Last edited by HawkeyeTFA; Jan 8, 2015 at 01:56 PM.
French Player, Old member of OFRO
Originally Posted by HawkeyeTFA View Post
Islam is (in first) a religion of peace and love.

That was the best joke I heard all week.
Last edited by ynvaser; Jan 8, 2015 at 04:26 PM.
ynvaser, be respectful or you will regret it. Just a heads up.

The truth about the whole situation is that terrorists never win, even if their attacks succeed. What they did was create a lot of hatred and tension that now works against their own ideology.
Only if people get confused enough to limit their own freedom of expression the terrorists won.

If you want to live in a peaceful world, be peaceful yourself. Create your own codex and live by it. Be an example, not an asshole.

Also, if this turns out as a flame war against Islam people will get banned.
Islam is a religion, not an ideology. There are many ideologies that work with Islam. Many of them are rather peaceful.
If Islam is a good and productive thing is another question that can be discussed in another thread.
Last edited by Redundant; Jan 8, 2015 at 03:10 PM.
The ironic thing is I probably wouldn't have seen the image originally nor would most of you yet since terrorists killed 10 innocent illustrators and 2 policemen almost everybody on the internet has seen it.

It's like the terrorists tried to prove a point but instead made everyone else's point more true.

Also as redundant said, don't be hateful to all Muslims just because extremists are touchy.

Here's some tweets from people apologizing for something they didn't do just because people are blaming them

Last edited by RedPanda; Jan 8, 2015 at 05:49 PM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Sorry astral but this is about Radical Islam

Yes so what? if in your family got a Stupid uncle or a stupid brother, youll fired him? pleeeeeease, radicale Islam and Islam, same fight, someone have to pay or do something against that.
there's two islam , the normal one , and the radical one , Islam is (in first) a religion of peace and love.
The ISIS think that in the coran this is say that they have to kill people.

Normaaaaaaal.... Radicaaaaaal... this is very subjective, everyone got there own raison. Who you are to say who got the true version?
Only the winner can write the history...
America and Americans know that well I'm right?
Elle couuurt, Elle coooourt! LA MAAAAaaaAaladiiiie d'amOOoour! Dans le c... (cœur) des enfaaants! De 16 à 77 ans!