Toribash
Original Post
English vs Scandinavian prisons
In Scandinavia crime isn’t thought of as you did something wrong you need to take the consequences of it unlike the Uk. In Scandinavia crime is thought of as a illness that needs to be cured or a virus that you attached through the environment you lived in which makes sense to me for example, My big brother,
before we moved to the Uk we lived in Poland and back in the day a lot of people and mostly younger boys thought that dressing in dark clothes,shirts that are to big for them, really long and massive shorts and snap backs that said fuck the police for example was cool and my big brother hanged around with people like that and he thought it was cool just like them, he thought he was all gangster (similarly to the road men in England) but then we flew to the Uk and he after a while he stopped dressing like that.

In prisons in the Uk you are locked up in a cell with just a bed and a place to shit in for 23 hours a day, when the criminals walk into the prison they won’t realise that they did something wrong they will just get pissed, angry and desperate to get out whatever way it might be, Recently I read about a prisoner in the Uk who cut his penis with a broken pen and blead to death... imagine how desperate and how destroyed you have to be to do something like that. Okay let’s look at the statistics in the Uk only 30% of people that get out of prisons don’t commit crimes again.

In prisons in Scandinavia you live in a community with your fellow prisoners, you live in a hotel like room with a flat tv,food and everything you need also there are no walls no nothing just a neighbourhood in which they have jobs and work for their food and for most of the things they have obviously though they can’t walk out the neighbourhood but they don’t build walls to block them of from the rest of the world like they’re the rejects they just tell them not too and trust them. In Scandinavia 80% of the prisoners that get out of prison don’t commit crime again.

What do you think about this? Is this a good idea?
Do you think the Uk and many other prison systems have to change?
How do you feel about this?
Do you think this relates to the amount of gangs in the uk?