Ranking
Original Post
How to not make an application (and comments)
marcus - Smod App

Hello,

I am currently fifteen years old going on sixteen in less than a month. I am very mature for my age.

On average I spend four to five hours a day on the forums. This also reflects twards my activeness in irc.
You will also find that my post quality is above average as I always spend time to think before I post.

I joined Toribash a little over two years ago. On the forums I am a role model to many. I believe in keeping my renown positive and inspirational.

One of my several experiences with Toribash is Bounty Hunting. Bounty Hunting first started as a thread in Events which I nurished into a sub-forum. I was given the trust of several administrators to run the whole board on my own. We currently are discussing a possible ingame interface for Bounty Hunting.

On top of this I moderate the Book of Records. There I hold the title of record God as I decide the fate of all newly created records. This job, like all my others, requires me to use my moderation skills. This eliminate all of the spam and keeps the sub-forum nice and clean.

I just recently joined Promo-Team as a trainee. Here I have learned several skills such as ingame hosting perfection.

On the forums I tend to lurk the support boards. I love giving help and resolving problems for unsure forum users. I also spend a lot of time reading the support board to improve my own knowledge.

I have many reasons as to why I would like to become a super moderator. One would be Toribash itself. As a community we need leaders. From experience I know that with great leaders comes growth. Keeping things in line and in order help our core development. That is what I intend to do. Another reason would be for myself. I know this position will help me grow higher and reach my potential. The possibilities are endless. So with all this said all I ask is for a chance to prove myself. You will be amazed.
Last edited by SlipAnc; Aug 31, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:|

I'd just like to put in here that I'm not a fan of people too full of themselves. Especially not with their "old-school" status as a base. It just turns me off, and makes me wonder about his personality. I wouldn't know, I never visited the forums until 3.0.

Although, I can't say much about his moderation as I have not seen it (rarely even visit book of records/bounty hunting), but I do see him around on IRC. I suppose he's at least active enough.

That's about it.

PS: Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes, I just don't know the guy enough.
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
marcus - Smod App

Hello,

I am currently fifteen years old going on sixteen in less than a month. I am very mature for my age.

On average I spend four to five hours a day on the forums. This also reflects twards my activeness in irc.
You will also find that my post quality is above average as I always spend time to think before I post.

I joined Toribash a little over two years ago. On the forums I am a role model to many. I believe in keeping my renown positive and inspirational.

One of my several experiences with Toribash is Bounty Hunting. Bounty Hunting first started as a thread in Events which I nurished into a sub-forum. I was given the trust of several administrators to run the whole board on my own. We currently are discussing a possible ingame interface for Bounty Hunting.

On top of this I moderate the Book of Records. There I hold the title of record God as I decide the fate of all newly created records. This job, like all my others, requires me to use my moderation skills. This eliminate all of the spam and keeps the sub-forum nice and clean.

I just recently joined Promo-Team as a trainee. Here I have learned several skills such as ingame hosting perfection.

On the forums I tend to lurk the support boards. I love giving help and resolving problems for unsure forum users. I also spend a lot of time reading the support board to improve my own knowledge.

I have many reasons as to why I would like to become a super moderator. One would be Toribash itself. As a community we need leaders. From experience I know that with great leaders comes growth. Keeping things in line and in order help our core development. That is what I intend to do. Another reason would be for myself. I know this position will help me grow higher and reach my potential. The possibilities are endless. So with all this said all I ask is for a chance to prove myself. You will be amazed.

Kind of full of himself, no? His maturity? Nothing to argue with, he's mature enough. But post quality? He hardly ever posts. In-game hosting perfection? No one's perfect, and he should know. And he totally lost me at "role model".

Also, it's not like the Book of Records is an active sub-forum. We should either put him on trial on another, more active board, or just forget about it.

But, for now:

"NO".
Last edited by SlipAnc; Aug 31, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
I.. don't know him at all, never seen him about.
So all I can judge him on is his moderating skills... which as dalir pointed out I "can't say much about his moderation as I have not seen it (rarely even visit book of records/bounty hunting)"

Therefore I have to go by his application:

Well fair enough, but still arrogant.

ok.. he refers to himself as a god...

Here I have learned several skills such as ingame hosting perfection.

Thats either a compliment for the promo-team or yet another statement of how he loves himself...

I know that with great leaders comes growth

He's quite blatantly referring to himself

You will be amazed.

I think with power he'd call himself the "Smod god" and start commanding people to send pictures of them worshipping a picture of him or be banned.
Last edited by SlipAnc; Aug 31, 2011 at 03:32 PM.
:D
I would add it, but I think you get the idea.

Oh and its a no from me, obviously.
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
I think with power he'd call himself the "Smod god" and start commanding people to send pictures of them worshipping a picture of him or be banned.

...There's something you should know about. :<
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't like his attitude.

While being humble isn't a necessity, acting like you've got some kind of severe allergy against it is definetly not a plus.
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
marcus - Smod App

Hello,

I am currently fifteen years old going on sixteen in less than a month. I am very mature for my age I doubt this is actually a good thing to say.

On average I spend four to five hours a day on the forums Good. Times?. This also reflects twards That has an o in it my activeness in irc Acronyms are capitalized.
You will also find that my post quality is above average as I always spend time to think before I post Examples example examples EXAMPLES.

I joined Toribash a little over two years ago Newfag. On the forums I am a role model to many Who? And why aren't they sending us votes of confidence?. I believe in keeping my renown positive and inspirational Huh?.

One of my several experiences with Toribash is Bounty Hunting. Bounty Hunting first started as a thread in Events which I nurished Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm pretty sure this has an o in it too into a sub-forum. I was given the trust of several administrators No one complained, thus we didn't have to do anything. to run the whole board on my own. We currently are Switch word order discussing a possible ingame interface for Bounty Hunting.

On top of this I moderate the Book of Records. There I hold the title of record God Your head fits through doors still? as I decide the fate I am arrogant and I'd never say this... of all newly created records. This job, like all my of others, requires me to use my moderation skills To do what?. This eliminate all of the spam and keeps the sub-forum nice and clean This is expected, nothing above and beyond here.

I just recently joined Promo-Team as a trainee and I got yelled at a fair bit and complained about. Please use compound sentences... Here I have learned several skills such as ingame hosting perfection. Conclusion?

On the forums I tend to lurk the support boards. Compounds... I love giving help and resolving problems for unsure forum users. I also spend a lot of time reading the support board to improve my own knowledge Redundancy in support board. Also, there's only ONE support board. Improper plural in topic and this just sounds a bit awkward and forced.
I have many reasons as to why I would like to become a super moderator. This is such a stereotypical topic sentence it does actually make me want to barf. One would be Toribash itself No detail. As a community we need leaders What did I say about compounds?. From experience I know that with great leaders comes growth With growth comes great leaders. Keeping things in line and in order help our core development Hey, that's my job!. That is what I intend to do You needed an entire sentence to say that?. Another reason would be for myself No, you're not allowed to be greedy. I know this position will help me grow higher and reach my potential I thought you did that as a moderator. The possibilities are endless The mod panel is very very small. So with all this said all I ask is for a chance to prove myself All what said?. You will be amazed I dislike this kind of sentence, but it's the best one in the paragraph....

Running commentary, courtesy of suomynona.

I know I'm harsh.
Last edited by SlipAnc; Aug 31, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
I did not realise how many sentences he used until just now :|