Toribash
oh god i hope i don't get in trouble for this bump

1. Do you focus on textures, art or both (which field of art)
I suppose for Toribash I would stay around textures, but I can also do other things as well if requested.

2. How long have you been creating textures/art?
Well, for textures I would say since I joined a few days back, haha. Outside of Toribash I have nearly 6 years of experience in graphic design, so I picked up a few things to implement in textures I suppose.

3. Why do you want to join us?
Well, after snooping around I noticed some rather highly talented artists in here, and to be a part of it would be really cool, since I would be ranked up against the various members.

4. Write a couple of sentences on what inspired you to do what you do in the Toribash community.
Well, one of the fastest ways of earning money in here is art. So seeing that I am rather experienced in that sense, I took that route.
Another reason is I suppose my love of making things, because after nearly 6 years of doing this, I still surprise myself.

5. Do you have an textures/art shop in Toribash?
Sure do.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=469354

6. Post at least three examples of your textures/art.
Haven't really tested out my tablet extensively, so bear with me.

Textures

7. Post a link to a shop/portfolio/gallery of works that you have.
www.behance.net/_CD_ behold, my outdated portfolio!
Once you choose a 'set', just click on the image to enlarge.
Last edited by Rumour; Jul 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM.
8-)
Hey Rumour, sorry to say this but your application was denied.

Your textures are a bit underdeveloped and seem mostly experimental. We see good potential in your artwork, but would like to wait until you've developed your sense of texturing more before accepting you.

Feel free to re-apply after you feel like you've improved a bit.
(>^_^)>
Applicatione
Hi, I'm Potateau. My name in real life is Teun, but I've been called Caleb for forever because people don't know how or can't pronounce my name at all. I've been drawing by hand for as long as I can remember and have also tried my hand at some other things like sculpting, painting etc. What I think deserves an honorable mention as well is my animations. I've animated for about 6 years now, mainly really basic stuff, but I want to get into 3D animation and modelling and all that jazz. Here are some animations I made:

An apple a day

Wockingbird (easter animation)

Wall

Here's a link to my handdrawn art thread:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=474528

I also hope you guys can help me get into texturing a little bit easier, since mapping has proven a bit weird for me at first and I haven't done enough art on the computer yet anyways. I feel like texturing would be a really good way to improve my artistic skill and I like making things for people so that should be good. I'm using GIMP as of now but my education should give me a copy of Photoshop in September, so I might wait until then to start really working hard on textures. Then again, I kinda don't want to wait until then to start improving so I probably won't.

Thanks for reading my app, I hope you enjoyed it. I'll be glad to add some more of my works if requested.
Last edited by potateau; Aug 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM.
Do inactive members have to re-join?
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
cant remember, we discussed it a while ago.
make an app as a formality, but feel free to post in threads etc.
you shouldnt have anything to worry about unless you're terribad.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
For now, I only focus on textrues, I've bought a new laptop and haven't install Photoshop CS6 yet due error I got whenever I tried to install it (might try again in the future.) For now, I only making heads for toribash, I only do cartoon but sometimes I make something new that suprises myself.

I'm not sure, around 2 - 3 years, I think.

Because I want to know more about toribash's artists, most of them are here. I was a member of Gimp Users, but I can't find the organization after going back from a long inactivity. So, I think that If I join this organization I might able to meet the old Gimp User members and else. I also want to hang out with you guys, getting a suggestions, new inspirations, ideas, etc.

4. Write a couple of sentences on what inspired you to do what you do in the Toribash community.
Well, most of successful people in this community are artists, and collectors (ofc). So, I'd like to be want of them, I'm not as good as them 'yet' but, I'll try. This is me, and I'm going to do my best to be one of those successful people.

Well, not yet. I might make some in the future, I'm looking for a free time to draw and stuff, because I can't draw anytime. I got irl stuff to do, I'm not that busy this week but I'll be busy in next year.

Old Edits using CS6.

Recent Heads.

7. Post a link to a shop/portfolio/gallery of works that you have
Don't have any, for now. Sorry.

Thank you for the time everyone, have a good day.
Last edited by Raiken; May 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added more Examples.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
I focus mainly on toribash art including; textures, avatars, signatures, etc. I can also create wallpapers,and videos.

I've probably been creating textures since 2012 like on and off due to family problems, but i'm trying to get back into the art business.

I would like to join because I wanna be in a group of amazing and talented artists who've been around making art for a long time. I wanna learn some techniques and tips on how I can improve on my artwork.

Well, first of all I love the toribash community especially the art/textures section. When I first started off making art, I struggled on mapping and painting and such. After a couple months or so, I found alot of tips and techniques artists use for there artwork from alot of research and observing the beautiful pieces. I then use those techniques to make what I am making today. I was surprised on how well my art has developed.

Here is my shop at this moment: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=519691

Examples of Heads

Examples of Avatars

(╭ರᴥ•́)
1. Do you focus on textures, art or both (which field of art):

I focus on textures. Head textures to be exact. Mostly because I don't have time to envelop myself in a set project or anything complex. Also, the mapping is so eZ.

2. How long have you been creating textures/art?:

I've been creating textures since late 2014. I used to use an account by the name of, "Beansprout" until I made this new account.

Being a still new artist, I continue to learn a lot by looking at other's arts and styles. I feel that the best way to increase my knowledge on the subject would be to immerse myself with as many different artists as I can. I feel that I can benefit tremendesly by joining this organization. I can also get some more publicity and publicity ultimately equals more profits! $$$

4. Write a couple of sentences on what inspired you to do what you do in the Toribash community:

My inspiration was no one in particular but just the fact that all these cool artists could make eZ tc simply by making textures for others to wear, trade, and show off. As a noob in toribash, I found it very difficult to acquire a good amount of toricredits. It actually got to the point where I spent 100$ of dollars just to feel like I was progressing. Of course, no matter what game you play, you will end up once again poor and wanting more. What better way then to save money and let your skills make money for you?

5. Do you have an textures/art shop in Toribash?:

At some point, I did. Not at the moment, no.

First Head Eva ^^^

7. Post a link to a shop/portfolio/gallery of works that you have:

N/A yet...

8. Who invited you to GATA? Ignore this point if no-one invited you:

Forever alone ;-;
I deleted my sig cuz clan bai nao
New rule:

If you wish to join GATA, you can challenge an existing member of GATA to a duel. If they accept you are in. And if you manage to win that duel then you get chamber access.

ben pls don't hurt me...
Last edited by GoodBox; Sep 4, 2015 at 06:55 AM.
(>^_^)>