Toribash
Original Post
Forum Server List
Somtimes I open up Toribash and I am ready to play and I find that all the servers are basically rubbish, nothing interesting is going on. So I just end up closing the game and waiting around the forums (just posting and stuff) so I can check again later. Many of you might find this idea useless but I just thought it would be efficient to have a server list on the forums (which can update itself every five minutes). So I know what servers are up and I can check for bet servers or anything special. I think this is a good idea because it's time saving so I am not repeatedly opening up Toribash when I can access a server list from the forum.

I feel like this could be implemented because we can already join servers from the forums and see global messages so I don't see the fuss in adding a server list somewhere. And if it's possible, maybe you can filter settings on the forums. For example, finding servers with only [M] members or only listing servers with more than 10 people.

Originally Posted by protonitron View Post
I like this idea. It would save a lot of effort for people like me who practically only play toribash to host betting servers (which I do partially to get money for the clan bank and a couple of fellow clan members but also because I just enjoy hosting). I would be able to check whether there are already any betting servers up to work out how good a chance I might have of getting my server going (which is often impossible for me if there are competing servers already set up and running).

Originally Posted by nerti View Post
I do like this idea, because I've had the same problems happen to me before... But as xlr said: (xlr's post)

But I'm not sure, because not too many in-gamers use the forums anyways.

~Supported

Last edited by Kradel; Dec 26, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
blue
pink
I like this idea. It would save a lot of effort for people like me who practically only play toribash to host betting servers (which I do partially to get money for the clan bank and a couple of fellow clan members but also because I just enjoy hosting). I would be able to check whether there are already any betting servers up to work out how good a chance I might have of getting my server going (which is often impossible for me if there are competing servers already set up and running).
Good morning sweet princess
But I have a feeling that if it was implemented there would be more players waiting for servers to go up instead of hanging around ingame, making ingame less populated.

I might be wrong though, I like the idea though, as I could find sparring servers more easily.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
But I have a feeling that if it was implemented there would be more players waiting for servers to go up instead of hanging around ingame, making ingame less populated.

^^^

Besides, can't you just have toribash open while you are on the forums?

Just refresh the server list every once in a while and if nothing tickles your fancy go back to the forums

By the time you've accessed your server page on the forums you could have just checked in game

And if the refresh time is anything like the /sa system, then it will show players that left the specified server half an hour ago.

This is will probably just be to much effort for something that will end up not being used

Nice idea though

I might be wrong though, I like the idea though, as I could find sparring servers more easily.

I think it will be just as populated. Those of us waiting around at the forums will most likley be waiting for; bet servers, tourneys, or servers that suit your taste (in your case, spar) but most of the community likes to just go in game and join any server and have a good time.

Originally Posted by d3noth View Post
^^^

Besides, can't you just have toribash open while you are on the forums?

Just refresh the server list every once in a while and if nothing tickles your fancy go back to the forums

By the time you've accessed your server page on the forums you could have just checked in game

And if the refresh time is anything like the /sa system, then it will show players that left the specified server half an hour ago.

This is will probably just be to much effort for something that will end up not being used

Nice idea though

Going in game and going on forums is an alternative (which I normally do) but personally, I would prefer to not have to have the game open and I can just get quick access to the list from the forums. Also, I feel like clicking F5 to refresh the servers from the forums will work more effeciently than refreshing in game. I don't know if this is the case but it's a thought.
blue
pink
I do like this idea, because I've had the same problems happen to me before... But as xlr said:

But I'm not sure, because not too many in-gamers use the forums anyways, so this would work to a certain extent. This idea will work for those players who basically only play TB (or mostly) for duels and betting servers. This feature will probably take some players overall; but won't make such a difference.
Last edited by nerti; Dec 26, 2014 at 02:58 PM.
Modo Bestia
It has been made already, as a WIP.
Don't know where I should find it but it wasn't as handy as you might think. Sure a good idea.

Edit : Actually, Here it is.
there is also been made another one in the past, which was less handy.

using ctrl+f there makes it a replacement for the /sa command ingame
Last edited by zwouter; Dec 26, 2014 at 04:05 PM.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As d3noth said, you can just have your toribash open, alternatively, you can just check the globals page and see if something else has come about.

I don't really think the effort put into this would be worth it.
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
It has been made already, as a WIP.
Don't know where I should find it but it wasn't as handy as you might think. Sure a good idea.

Edit : Actually, Here it is.
there is also been made another one in the past, which was less handy.

using ctrl+f there makes it a replacement for the /sa command ingame

Well, that answers it xD

Amazing how features and scripts are out there which we don't know about
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045