Toribash
Original Post
Fine Art Competition
Fine Art Competition #1

This is the very first Fine Art competition. This Fine art competition is for hand drawn, cut out, ect, only.
This means no computer art.
The Art must be related to Toribash somehow.

Make sure to use your imagination. You can make your own comic book, a picture, or maybe even a statue of some kind. Your art can be drawn by pencil, ink, marker, paint, etc, on paper or canvas, etc. or a mosaic of paper cutouts, made out of clay, or welding metal. Any kind of art not using computer software.

The biggest part of the rule is that you must show your signature some were on your art.
You must also be able to read the signature clearly. It also must be the same name as your forum name.

Seeing how this is an art contest not using your computer, we see the problem with getting it on your computer.
You will either have to use a scanner, or a digital camera.
Just upload it to your computer, then put it on an image hosting website and post the link, or any other way you can think of.

The final projects will be narrowed down to five by myself and the rest of the gamekeepers, and a public vote will be held after that to decide the winner.

The winner will be able to choose 1 item from the shop of their choice. The winners picture will also be added as the main picture logo, of a new series I will be hosting.

All pictures are accepted up until June 18th. Any after the 18th will be denied.
Time might change.

Your picture/pictures must be at least 1280X1024. It can be more, but try not to make it to much less.

Originally Posted by Patrick_Unrated View Post
Ok, heres the new deal for every one. You can post it what ever size you want, but if we can't see all the picture when its uploaded onto the computer, then its not our fault.

You can submit it, but it might not make it to the final four unless you can see all of it. If you are scared that you can't, post the normal sized, and a blown up size.

Please don't make it so freakin big you have to scroll over forever just to see it. If its like that, then post a link to it, and we can look at it after that, but it messes up that whole page of the thread it its to big.

Here is a small tip for you:

If you are drawing a picture based off another picture, or a pose you are doing ingame, or what ever.
It might help to post the ingame picture with your drawing so we can see what you were drawing and base it off how good you drew it to size and every thing.

This comp is sponsored by:

~Patrick_Unrated

The comps Idea came from:

~Shogan
Last edited by Patrick_Unrated; Jun 13, 2008 at 06:01 PM.
ponies <3 ..-
Sorry for all typos.

"In the end, it is always good,
If it is not good now,
It is not the end."

Quote by-Unkown

Total RedDevil Special Cookies Gained: 3
Total Cookies Gained: 1
Great idea. I am in.
~®awksoniC
---
/.---------====/:::::=:=:::::\====---------.\
|..D.....A....\...../...|./.../’’..../”’\...|\..|...|.../’’’..|
|..l \.../..\....\/\/....l.\..._/....\,,/...|..\|...|...\_,'.|
\.---------====\:::::=:=:::::/====---------./
ahh, cool idea

If I am not lazy, I may try drawing something up :x
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Im an animator,Im in

Also,Is it okay if it were colorless?

And,come on Pat,cant we have Sketch pad sized Drawings?
Last edited by Notywq; May 31, 2008 at 07:17 AM.
Some info :[clan] Look : IvoryStripe Click 8th Dan :p [I maek Art :D] -GATA-

Links to satisfy curiosity :
*UPDATED* GALLERY/ART/SKETCHES AND TAG REQUEST THREAD. :D <-- Check it out. :)
ToriART B&B GALLERY. <-- THE CLASSICS.
im so in man
20/6/2008 [Triforce] → 1/12/2008 [UrbanUnit] → 26/4/2015 [Addicted]
Mówiem po polsku źle; fully qualified med student
Um... I don't think you need the requirement for 1280x1024 considering the fact that you want to do a 'fine art' competition. If people are going to draw something they will most likely scan it into their computers. Not to mention they probably won't be square-like, so if the dimensions are close but rectangular, you've got to bring back some of those 3rd grade area calculation skills my friend.
Last edited by RbLcK; May 31, 2008 at 07:22 AM.

Yea the size requirement isn't necessary imo. Why does it matter? If it's laughably small, people won't like it anyway.

Other than that it's a sweet competition.
Ummm....lol....can we use old drawings? xP Eh i suppose not.
PAT, U forgot to state the Theme: Toribash Related Fine Art

Unless of course, you are running a free topic fine art master piece... Its up to you

And I would like to judge the entries as well.
Last edited by Shogan; May 31, 2008 at 08:30 AM.
the size requirement is just a guide. In case someone sends in a ridiculously low resolution picture
Lol,Thats rite Shogan

Ive already uploaded mine,and shown it to some IRC peeps,but Ill post later for suspense,maybe..Page 2 :P
Some info :[clan] Look : IvoryStripe Click 8th Dan :p [I maek Art :D] -GATA-

Links to satisfy curiosity :
*UPDATED* GALLERY/ART/SKETCHES AND TAG REQUEST THREAD. :D <-- Check it out. :)
ToriART B&B GALLERY. <-- THE CLASSICS.