ES Recruitment Drive
shook, Do you use GML to make this or the drag and drop, I hope it's not drag and drop
~#025, reporting in.~
alpha u get mah babiez<3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Zapachoo View Post
shook, Do you use GML to make this or the drag and drop, I hope it's not drag and drop

The methods aren't what matter, its the end result.

Good job so far shook, keep going.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
As I have already said I wuhb your game etc

What's the problem with the new enemy? Maybe I can help *coughroughly4yearsexperiencewithgamemakercough*
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Originally Posted by Eleeleth View Post
The methods aren't what matter, its the end result.

Good job so far shook, keep going.

Obviously, but if he's using Drag and Drop I'm going to cry.. because some of the functions he has in his game I have no idea how to make with the Drag and Drop interface.. I had to try learning GML to do it.

So my question stands.
~#025, reporting in.~
alpha u get mah babiez<3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, just seeing that the turret follows the mouse, and shoots at the mouse would imply that he's using GML.

Also bug tiem:
for object PlayerFire1:

Error in expression:Player.y
position 8: Unknown variable y

I got it when I apparantly did after I died, you can prolly fix it by disabeling everything on death

Also I only got it in the second level, first level seems to be working fine.

(this bug occurs with all wasd keys, both Player.x and Player.y)

Oh and if I may suggest something you might want to name your objects obj_objectname and your sprites spr_spritename and so forth so that the game doesn't confuse sprites and objects
Last edited by Chartle; Jun 27, 2010 at 04:21 AM.
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Thanks!

@Chartle: Oh snap, bugs. Oh well, bugs are to be expected in any version short of the finished one. I'll see to it that it's fixed. Also, the problems with the turret was that the gun graphics (separate of the base) were very hard to remove individually along with the turret on death, but i managed to fix it. Thanks for offering to help, though.

@Zapachoo: Prepare your tissue papers, for i'm using drag and drop. :U
If there is anything in particular you'd like to have explained, do tell. Making shots travel towards the mouse is dead simple (on creation move towards mouse_x and mouse_y with speed blahdiblah), but making the sprite rotate to fit the movement is a little bit trickier.
[Game Maker talk]
It involves making a sprite that faces right, and then have Game Maker make a 360 degrees rotating (counter-clockwise) animation with 360 frames. This sprite is given to the shot, and after the shot is set in motion, make it change sprite to subimage "direction-1". The sprite will then correspond to the motion of the shot.
[/Game Maker talk]

@ivolt: There will be at some point. I'm going to be unoriginal and call it Nightmare difficulty, ala Quake. Ridiculously hard, but earns you mad bragging rights. :U

@sidieldani: Don't worry, the boss will be improved soon. Among other things, it will have autotracking lasers like those of the turrets, but the lasers move much faster. It's going to be a holy nightmare, because once i get the shop and XP system made, you're likely going to have something better than your starting weapons to fight it.

Also, i just received a response from the music artist, Aureametaphus on Newgrounds. I've been given the green light to use his music from Newgrounds (provided that i give credits), so you can look forward to some damned sweet 8-bit goodness in the next demo.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Should be faster paced imo, great work so far though
:D
getting nicer and good job with infinite lifes very good for texting.
The yellow guys are actually fun they killed me once.
Sentries are a pain in the ass removed about 2/3 of my hitpoints.
good job m8 keep em coming.
upgrades needed fire rate/power/health etc.
pickups, achievements, some easter eggs and secrets :3