Ranking
Original Post
Anti-Scam Feature (idea)
Many of us have been scammed in the past and the current scam report system just doesn't seem to work too well, for example one situation from my own experience, i bought a Steam wallet card for 200k TC from someone who seemed trust worthy, i sent the TC to him and found out that i've been scammed. The scammer has just spend the TC in bets before the Squad could do anything and i've been told that there is nothing they could do because tracking the bet transactions and the whole undo process would take too much effort and annoy many people to undo their bets winnings and from what i saw it's pretty common to be scammed like that so i thought about a feature that allows you to "handcuff" the scammer yourself instantly right after the scam took place and make him unable to actually spend your TC or items on bets and other ways to gain profit from this and harm your balances. This feature wouldn't do any harm even if someone abused it because all it would do is just lock the certain amount of currency or items and make him unable to transfer it anywhere else for a period of time like 12-24hrs just so the Market Squad has enough time to investigate the situation and take the right actions. The button would be in the transaction history panel next to the transaction log, after clicking it there would be a confirm window pop-up and a warning that abusing this feature will be punished just like they made it for the global broadcasts feature. Time is very important for scam situations and thats why you should be the one who should be allowed to defend your own TC or items without days of waiting for the scam report judging and in order to do that you need the right tool so it's safer for you to do the first step in the future. It would also mean less dirty job for the Market Squad and make them rather real judges instead of the bad guys who say "i'm sorry but it's too late" in most of the cases. A small limit depending on forum group would be cool aswell like 3-5-10 for user-tprime-vip per month just to make the vip guys who support this game so much feel even safer doing their bussiness, this would also prevent people from abusing it even more making it a safe feature that will make most scammer's life much harder.

I made some images to explain how it would look like:

Thats where you find your transaction log that you suspect to be a scam and when you click it there will be a pop-up to confirm and explain what to do next in order to recover your items or TC.

When the transaction is locked the user has enough time to investigate what happened and write a proper scam report without rush and worrying about his items or TC being spend in any way.

Then all the market squad has to do is extend the 24hr time and investigate the scam report and other stuff, take actions and done!

Sorry if there are any English or theory goofs i made, i've got high temperature fever right now and it's just hard not to goof up. :/
Constructive feedback is mostly welcome in order to improve the idea.
Originally Posted by NikosDEAD View Post
It really depends on which factors you use for judging, but in overall i'd say yes because loyality should be rewarded. ^^

No. Loyalty should not dictate who gets better treatment for this. New players are the most likely to get scammed, as they don't have much knowledge of how the whole system works yet. If you're still getting scammed now, you frankly should just learn your lesson already and duel people you can actually trust.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
No. Loyalty should not dictate who gets better treatment for this. New players are the most likely to get scammed, as they don't have much knowledge of how the whole system works yet. If you're still getting scammed now, you frankly should just learn your lesson already and duel people you can actually trust.

And here you are wrong my dude, and you don't seem to understand the whole point of me talking with Solax about limiting people from the tool, the reason for that is to prevent abuse of the tool and thats all, not because someone is new or loyal veteran. Also, why do you assume i duel? I don't duel since years just because i know how messy it was when i tried, instead i do art and don't worry about all this + people are actually thankfull for my work which is the best part.
But i see how you tried to make the crying duel noob out of me, nice one. x)

Also the whole statement that new players get scammed more often is nonsense, new players do not own anything valuable in the first place and they don't intentionally join dueling servers to earn TC or engage any other way of making TC besides just playing and trying to win with stronger players.
Thats what i know from my own experience and my observations nowdays.

Last edited by Nikos; Nov 22, 2016 at 01:53 PM.
New players tend to get scammed more because they don't know how to prevent themselves from being scammed. Also, I cared much more about my marine relax when I was new than all of my items combined rn. Saying new players don't own anything valuable is an odd point to make sense basically everything is valuable to them.

I like the anti-scam idea, but there is no basis on using it. Stingy people will definitely use it after about every transaction or so which would cause way more of a hassle for the marketting community. People who get scammed tend to not know if they are being scammed. As you said, that guy spent all the tc before you could do anything about it. How would this solve that problem anyway? Unless you plan on hitting that button after every transaction, you would have know way of knowing until they already made a purchase.

Inefficient system
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Link View Post
New players tend to get scammed more because they don't know how to prevent themselves from being scammed.

Still can't see new players being scammed more than the veterans are, the sense of logic just doesn't allow me to believe that sorry.
Stingy people will definitely use it after about every transaction

No they won't because there is a fee just like there is a fee for global broadcasting and no one is abusing it.
Last edited by Nikos; Nov 22, 2016 at 05:20 PM.
New players tend to get scammed more because they don't know how to prevent themselves from being scammed. Also, I cared much more about my marine relax when I was new than all of my items combined rn. Saying new players don't own anything valuable is an odd point to make sense basically everything is valuable to them.

New players wouldn't usually duel unless they are an alt, witch in that case they would not be new at all, but if they do duel, then they are going to lose and they will beg for there tc, but new players have to learn the game over time so we should quit arguing about this and focus on the subject at hand. Thanks <3
Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, and when I play I will kill you. :) See you then <3
Any posts from this point onward that don't add anything to this conversation will be deleted immediately and a link to the board rules will be sent to those users. If you think I'm not doing my job properly, you are free to file a staff complaint.
I think I might be retired.
To be honest I like this idea, but there is one bit I'm not happy with. I don't like the way you're implementing the idea. You shouldn't be able to go back and lock the TC after sending it. You should have to lock it with a timer before sending it. Then when the person receives the TC/Item(s), if they are upset about the timer, then they can have an option to return the TC/Item(s) to sender.

As for the "stingy" remark by Link, well thats simple. Its just another aspect for negotiation. If you have a shop and you need the TC now, then you can say something like, "I'll throw in this item for free if you don't use a Lock Timer on the transaction." At that point if you feel safe with the buyer then you can do it, if you don't then just tell them sorry, if they don't want to do the deal at that point then you can call it off.

Now I did kinda wanna ask about the "abuse" topic on this. Now I do see how Nikos method could lead to slight annoyances, but like he said its really only a small headache, but no real damage is caused. Its the same as the abuse you see with globals, the only thing that happens is someone screams a message in global chat that offensive, doesn't really hurt anyone or affect them at all. Now if you switch the lockdown system over to my suggestion, of having to select an option to lock it before you've sent it, then I don't see any way that someone could abuse it.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
That's actually a good addition to the idea, it would make the whole tool much less invasive and safer for bigger/unsure transactions, thanks!
I can see what you are doing here great idea but the trolls would take
advantage of this way to fast you send tc and that person goes to bet or somethin
that instant boom fucking rekt mate you have to wait to do anythin with that tc.