ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Anti-Scam Feature (idea)
Many of us have been scammed in the past and the current scam report system just doesn't seem to work too well, for example one situation from my own experience, i bought a Steam wallet card for 200k TC from someone who seemed trust worthy, i sent the TC to him and found out that i've been scammed. The scammer has just spend the TC in bets before the Squad could do anything and i've been told that there is nothing they could do because tracking the bet transactions and the whole undo process would take too much effort and annoy many people to undo their bets winnings and from what i saw it's pretty common to be scammed like that so i thought about a feature that allows you to "handcuff" the scammer yourself instantly right after the scam took place and make him unable to actually spend your TC or items on bets and other ways to gain profit from this and harm your balances. This feature wouldn't do any harm even if someone abused it because all it would do is just lock the certain amount of currency or items and make him unable to transfer it anywhere else for a period of time like 12-24hrs just so the Market Squad has enough time to investigate the situation and take the right actions. The button would be in the transaction history panel next to the transaction log, after clicking it there would be a confirm window pop-up and a warning that abusing this feature will be punished just like they made it for the global broadcasts feature. Time is very important for scam situations and thats why you should be the one who should be allowed to defend your own TC or items without days of waiting for the scam report judging and in order to do that you need the right tool so it's safer for you to do the first step in the future. It would also mean less dirty job for the Market Squad and make them rather real judges instead of the bad guys who say "i'm sorry but it's too late" in most of the cases. A small limit depending on forum group would be cool aswell like 3-5-10 for user-tprime-vip per month just to make the vip guys who support this game so much feel even safer doing their bussiness, this would also prevent people from abusing it even more making it a safe feature that will make most scammer's life much harder.

I made some images to explain how it would look like:

Thats where you find your transaction log that you suspect to be a scam and when you click it there will be a pop-up to confirm and explain what to do next in order to recover your items or TC.

When the transaction is locked the user has enough time to investigate what happened and write a proper scam report without rush and worrying about his items or TC being spend in any way.

Then all the market squad has to do is extend the 24hr time and investigate the scam report and other stuff, take actions and done!

Sorry if there are any English or theory goofs i made, i've got high temperature fever right now and it's just hard not to goof up. :/
Constructive feedback is mostly welcome in order to improve the idea.
This bad idea also lacking solution when scammer receiving item that not related to toribash and not sending tc for it.
Originally Posted by NikosDEAD View Post
That's actually a good addition to the idea, it would make the whole tool much less invasive and safer for bigger/unsure transactions, thanks!

Ahhh thank you sir, just really love your idea, and think it needs to be implemented. Every level of added security that the player has is a good thing.

Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
I can see what you are doing here great idea but the trolls would take
advantage of this way to fast you send tc and that person goes to bet or somethin
that instant boom fucking rekt mate you have to wait to do anythin with that tc.

Okay I'm a bit confused at what you're actually saying here. I'm just going to assume that you're saying what if they just go bet the TC right after the time goes away, but that doesn't really matter. The timer isn't there to stop scammers from spending your TC, its to prevent them from doing it right away, so that you have time to contact Staff to have them investigate it, and possibly extend the timer to stop the scammer completely.

Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
This bad idea also lacking solution when scammer receiving item that not related to toribash and not sending tc for it.

Not really its pretty simple. If I sell Niko a Steam Card for $20, then Niko can send me the TC. He sends me the TC with a 24 hour lock timer on it, that way I can't actually spend/move the TC until after 24 hours. In that time Niko can use the steam card to see if its real, or if it was a scam. If its a Scam he can contact staff about it and have them resolve the issue before 24 hours have passed. If its not a scam, then in 24 hours I will have my TC.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •