Toribash
Original Post
Move speed too fast?
Hey there, Toribashers, Lirren again with a question for you. WIth certain moves that I make, I'm finding that the move speed for the joints is too fast for Tori to stay upright and not lose balance...can I change this? For example, to chamber (charge up) a punch in real life, I wouldn't haul my arm around and turn at full speed, of course I'd end up on my butt! xD That's the problem I'm finding with a lot of moves...as a martial artist in real life, I know how to move, but I can't seem to get the same results in-game. Is the only way to get better through practice? Or are there tutorial videos out there? I keep seeing "See the tutorial vids on Toribash.com" but I can't find any...sorry for the rambling nature of this question, but I honestly am starting to get a little frustrated with my own incompetence.
Try relaxing the area after you move it, when you move a joint, full force is applied for as long as the joint is still extended/contracted, if you move it then relax it, the momentum should be enough to move you but not at a constant full force. You'l get better with time. If your playing offline try shift+space to make small movements, which might help.
You can watch tutorials, but they will only get you so far. Practice practice practice is the only way to get really good at this game, that or sharing a 15 minute conversation with Nut_Hug.
Originally Posted by DavidFee View Post
You can watch tutorials, but they will only get you so far. Practice practice practice is the only way to get really good at this game, that or sharing a 15 minute conversation with Nut_Hug.

THIS^^^^^NUT_HUG IS DA BEST PLAYA

User infracted: Blatantly offtopic post.
Last edited by hanz0; Oct 9, 2009 at 12:47 AM.
Clanless? Join The Chosen Ones User was supported by SAN STUDIOS!
If you don't want to fall on your ass, lean forwards when you punch. When you think you're starting to lean forward a bit too much take a step forward.

Also, increasing the gravity can help you stay on your feet. 0 0 -30 gravity seems to be ideal. Alternatively, you can load up sambo.tbm in the mods menu, because it's basically classic with 0 0 -30 gravity.
play LightningFighters.tbm
they will
<DjPz> I don't expect to have sex with the dolphins every time I visit them
Then that's just cheating. You won't be able to enter standard replay comps with that.