progressive hardcore
alternative rock
indie rock
drum and bass
rap
edm
90's boom bap
also most things hiphop but classic lyric-centered rap is my thing
Last edited by Dinis; Aug 13, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
alternative all the way,
down with the pop
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
I listen to a lot of weird stuff. Some of it is from other users here.
metal
Yoga, Unexpect, OM, öxxö xööx, the cosmic dead,
amenra, whokur samsara blues experment, and a little bit of Earth.

"soft" rock
Leonard Cohen, radiohead, blue öyster cult,
Rodríguez, tonetta, amon duul ii, Lou reed, soundgarden, modest mouse, the devil's blood

Trip hop
Massive attack, elsiane, gramatik, the girl & the robot,

Breakcore
Venetian snares, igorrr, aphex twin, worlds end girlfriend, múm

dubstep
Coki, skream, mala.

Intelligent dance music? Free the robots, Caravan palace, future sound of London, xxyyxx
I also love acid house, but i haven't found a lot of artists except for fingers inc.

I have a bit of an obsession with making lists, please bear with me /./
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 9, 2014 at 09:32 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Crust Punk, Noisecore, Thrashcore, Hardcore Punk, D-Beat, Skate Punk, Grindcore, Thrash/Speed/Death/Black Metal, Crossover, and of course, Powerviolence!
Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
alternative all the way,
down with the pop

Mate, that's an incredibly narrow-minded thing to say. There is a lot of good pop music out there.
ummm, cloud rap

yung lean, bones, xavier wulf, spooky black

edm
trap, dubstep, house

rock

overall chill music
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Mate, that's an incredibly narrow-minded thing to say. There is a lot of good pop music out there.

I'd like some examples of said "good pop."

Given that the track record of the general intelligence of the US, which is where a hefty chunk of music is produced, the quality of music and its content has sharply degraded since the 1970's. I don't know how much lower the industry can go, but rock bottom isn't too far away.

I like 20's swing music and also listen to most genres of 70s-80s music on occasion.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
I'd like some examples of said "good pop."

Given that the track record of the general intelligence of the US, which is where a hefty chunk of music is produced, the quality of music and its content has sharply degraded since the 1970's. I don't know how much lower the industry can go, but rock bottom isn't too far away.

I like 20's swing music and also listen to most genres of 70s-80s music on occasion.

"good" pop

If you're all bashing on a genre because the majority of people listen to it and the biggest artists right now are meant for young girls y'all need to open your eyes. There are ton of more good pop artists that are a bit more unpopular than the ones I named but you'll have to look for yourself if you really care (I know you don't).