ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
lyrical talent doesn't seem to be something rappers are bothered of emulating

you must be listening to some of the trash rap.

there are tons of rappers that use an amazing vocabulary, and to not know of this is rather unfortunate.
8-)
Originally Posted by keggy View Post
people who hate rap: what kind of music do you listen to? why do you only listen to 1-2 genres? i'd bet 99% of these people are "metalhead" manchildren

Congratulations, you look just as "elitist" as the people you are trying to put down.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
you must be listening to some of the trash rap.

there are tons of rappers that use an amazing vocabulary, and to not know of this is rather unfortunate.

Could you point me in the right direction?

How about you stop listening to chief keef and drake.

Listen to Dr. Dre or Eminem, those are the 2 best rappers I know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|

http://rappers.mdaniels.com.s3-websi....amazonaws.com
(Study of the most unique words used by each artist)
But lyrics as a whole can have a lot more meaning than how many different words you can put out. Can't really say much about that because i haven't listened to enough rap. Or i have, but I've never paid attention to the lyrics.

On topic
I don't like or dislike genres in that way. Even in the genres i consider bad, an artist can completely throw around my view of it.
That said, most rap is pretty bad imo :/
It's the whole "gangsta" thing that isn't working out for me. The rap industry spawns more lil waynes than shakespeares, if you know what i mean.
If the rap is made without lyrical thought, i like artists such as dogg pound, snoop dogg (early records), nujabes, oddateee, and eminem (early records, especially infinite).

I'm open for lyrical recommendations. I listened to wu-tang when i was younger, but didn't pay attention to the lyrics.
Last edited by Lazors; Sep 8, 2014 at 09:53 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore

others have already posted but here are some of my favorites, cant remember them all though.

- Eminem

- Dr. Dre

- Immortal Technique

- Nas

- some Kanye West songs

- Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, Kanye West, A$AP Rocky, and Schoolboy Q have some good ones here and there.

- Some people from Odd Future are alright.

Eminem and Immortal technique are the best on this list lyrically imo.
8-)
Originally Posted by keggy View Post
people who hate rap: what kind of music do you listen to? why do you only listen to 1-2 genres? i'd bet 99% of these people are "metalhead" manchildren

Damn. I thought these kind of topics were opinion-friendly, because that's what these all are, opinions and peoples preferences.

I for one rather dislike rap because of the lyrics, now don't get me wrong, some of the beats are kick-ass, but the lyrics just seem rather... eh...
Eminem is alright, although I only like some of his songs. And 1-2 genres? Damn.
I listen to metal, screamo, rock (now when i say screamo, i don't mean you-can't-hear-anything-screamo, i mean softcore as in Bring me the horizen or The Amitty Afliction and so forth), i hate pop, some jazz is 'aight. Dubstep and all it's 100's of sub types.
Oh and, though you might not call him a "rapper" or whatever beliefs you hold, but i kinda like 360, now i only heard of him because of his Price Of Fame song, but he's alright. Oh, and i've listened to nearly every song on a playlist on youtube(BestMusic4Cod - Playlists - Rap/HipHop), and i like the majority of them. However, the majority of rap; i hate it.
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
http://rappers.mdaniels.com.s3-websi....amazonaws.com
(Study of the most unique words used by each artist)
But lyrics as a whole can have a lot more meaning than how many different words you can put out. Can't really say much about that because i haven't listened to enough rap. Or i have, but I've never paid attention to the lyrics.

On topic
I don't like or dislike genres in that way. Even in the genres i consider bad, an artist can completely throw around my view of it.
That said, most rap is pretty bad imo :/
It's the whole "gangsta" thing that isn't working out for me. The rap industry spawns more lil waynes than shakespeares, if you know what i mean.
If the rap is made without lyrical thought, i like artists such as dogg pound, snoop dogg (early records), nujabes, oddateee, and eminem (early records, especially infinite).

I'm open for lyrical recommendations. I listened to wu-tang when i was younger, but didn't pay attention to the lyrics.

Check out this song by Brothers 4 The Struggle - Prodigal Sun
GZA - Liquid Swords album some Of this may not be serious, but it's rhyme and vocabulary heavy with deadly beats.
Sunz of Man may not by your thing, but they also have some pretty sick lyrics like Deep in the Water, these guys are quite unique and has some very diverseniggahs
I've listened a little to Liquid Swords, it's on my good list.
I think I had sunz of man on my mp3 a while ago, don't remember what I thought about it, but I'll give it another go along with prodigal sun.
Thanks!
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Some dubstep rap works for me, it's just rather unique than having trap beats

My current favorite is :
Zomboy - Outbreak (ft. Armanni Reign)
Barely Alive
Barely Alive - Rifle Blow Kiss (ft. Soultrain Locomotive)
deadmau5 - Professional Griefers (ft. Gerard Way)
Eptic - Bust Em' Out (ft. Virus Syndicate)
Flux Pavilion - Double Edge (ft. Sway & P Money)
Habstrakt - Sick Style (ft. Maksim)
Terravita - We Are Alive
Schoolboy - Lunch Money (ft. Hyro Da Hero)
Son Of Kick - Shoot People (feat Griminal & Marger - part 2)
Rise As Night - Fingerprints (ft. Virus Syndicate)

Yeah, mostly EDM with featuring vocal
Maybe only that's all for now, i'll browse more
Please bring back Organiζations board