Ranking
Original Post
%$£@ing Apple price rant!
Well, I made an image form rant, it's in the spoiler below, it's a big image (1400x3800) but it's only 380KB's so don't worry about it taking forever to download (good old .gif compression). Anyone who wants to respond feel free to do so, even if it's a sarcastic 'I can spot 9001 typos!' response. Anyone who can actually argue against it feel free to try but lets avoid flame etc, we don't need the mods to step in and moderate on our asses.

Rant

[EDIT] Oh just noticed the RAM is full ECC SDRAM, so here with a quick google search is full ECC SDRAM DDR3 8GB's at 1333Mhz (faster than Apples 1066Mhz) for £140, which is a grand total of £340 less than apple is asking.
Again; "Wow that's overpriced!"

If you want more references for the prices like the one above just ask.

[EDIT] Didn't think of this while writing that rant, but I just thought now, if those 4 SSD's are in Raid 0, then they are 4 times more likely to fail, on-top of being slow in the market of SSDs, and expensive, and not having TRIM. Epic Fail.
Last edited by Vox; Apr 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
Some of their laptops are decently priced (still above the mark, but not horrible), with student discounts that is.

Honestly I am kind of bewildered that Macs are still being made at such prices, it's more than a little surprising.
Wait, putting SSDs in Raid 0? That's um, wow. Well if people really want to waste their money then more power to them. As long as they don't try to force their opinions onto others I couldn't care less.
Originally Posted by Dalliance View Post
Wait, putting SSDs in Raid 0? That's um, wow. Well if people really want to waste their money then more power to them. As long as they don't try to force their opinions onto others I couldn't care less.

This is ironic because you are in clan Raid

Yea, personally I'd go for one good SSD with TRIM, getting almost 300MB/s read (I said 275, meant 285, I miss printed that on the OP), and if you don't care about TRIM then:

The price of a mac SSD array is £1174.00, you get 750MB/s read and 512GBs of space.

The power of a similar price OCZ SSD array (8 * 80GB) is 640GB, and runs at 2280MB/s, and you'll have money left over for the 8way RAID card. (around £100)
I lol'd at the Superdrive bit.

It's what Apple used to call a combi-drive (DVD ROM + CDRW for dense people), since then they've used it as the generic term for something that reads & writes.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
super drive? sounds like apples version of blast processing.

I couldn't believe my eyes at the radeon 4000 card in a computer over 1000$, that just doesn't seem right.

Anyway, time to watch those silly mac vs. pc ads.
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
Ahh, right, what an odd thing to brand, I wonder what silly thing they will invent a new name for next?

Yea, those ads were pretty funny, "I don't get viruses!" (This is because no one cares about you Mac )
Lol'd through the entire thing. It's so true.

Now, I should write a rant on why you should make a custom PC instead of buying a DELL.
That or I could just say that you can get a computer twice as better for the same price.

I also almost c/p'd it into photoshop and red-pen-ed it all because of your comment.
And now, to sum up my feelings on the issue, here's a funny ma vs. pc vid, done in gmod no less.

My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say