ES Recruitment Drive
added to the memberlist, nuthug and bendover. Yes, I agree bend about trying to bring the attention of this organization to devs. Fish knows about it, and I linked it to hampa so maybe he's put it under consideration.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
that better not have been directed at me snake.

also, didnt realise this thread was for complaining about not being paid.
everyones wearing their bitchy pants today

Ikr :l I just came home and realized I just spent another hour writing a meaning less response to this today. Not even gonna post part of it. No one is getting cash so let's continue. Or actually, Let's discuss all ideas in order on the frontpage.
PM me with any and all questions
Originally Posted by snake View Post
so you will agree to do real work in sustaining game abandoned by developers for free?
i could understand that if toribash was your game, but it isn't. you will just encourage devs keep slacking like they do for last 3-4 years

we all were like that once. trying to help, thinking that you can change something, make things better. willing to do things for free. thinking that your efforts will be noticed.

pink shades. don't repeat same mistakes as dozens people before you.

you may probably check opinions on game from people who contributed it. like 8OJ4N, Nirs, ex-gms / ex-smods etc

but hey, they surely don't know shit, just a gagle of butthurt oldfags, right?

sometimes people give okay advices, especially people who've been here and done that. it took long time for me to stop looking at things through pink shades, but if i could do it earlier i'd better wasted my time on something more entertaining for myself insted of entertaining other people. and in hopes that devs will start to do their job.

it takes time to understand. give yourself couple of years when you will had to pay for living yourself and your attitude towards concepts of slacking and concept of working for free will drasticly change. i guarantee.

What's with the negative attitude?
When a hobby becomes a job with obligatories? It's a hobby. You decide how much time you spend on it. It doesn't suddenly become something unless you want to.
As an ex-gm and someone who pays for his living I can tell you I see things differently. There are people who enjoy spending time in the community, that doesn't even have to be game related. I mean BenDover checks the artboard, how is that affected by slacking devs? He's sustaining the community and the people in it. And of course you can change something and your efforts will be noticed. You just shouldn't expect people to always remember you because you did something some time ago or hate on the devs because your plans failed once. You are being noted as long as you do something.
There are plenty of ways to have an impact on the community and the game. I don't know what problems these people have with the devs... it's a working game and a really nice one, too. It probably allows more creativity than any other game.
Last edited by NutHug; May 8, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
my standpoint is simple: game is abandoned by devs. why bother? keeping it up for free so hamp can make money? i do not compute. i undertand putting in effort in something that is being developed, when devs sometimes listen, then it may be reasonable.
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
What's with the negative attitude?
When a hobby becomes a job with obligatories? It's a hobby. You decide how much time you spend on it. It doesn't suddenly become something unless you want to.
As an ex-gm and somepony who pays for his living I can tell you I see things differently. There are ponies who enjoy spending time in the community, that doesn't even have to be game related. I mean BenDover checks the artboard, how is that affected by slacking devs? He's sustaining the community and the ponies in it. And of course you can change something and your efforts will be noticed. You just shouldn't expect ponies to always remember you because you did something some time ago or hate on the devs because your plans failed once. You are being noted as long as you do something.
There are plenty of ways to have an impact on the community and the game. I don't know what problems these ponies have with the devs... it's a working game and a really nice one, too. It probably allows more creativity than any other game.

mfw

I am pleased by this post. I have been a part of this community for years and can say I'm very pleased with the community as a whole.

Minus some of these newfags, like, srsly guis stap.
Show some Love.
my standpoint is simple: game is abandoned by devs. why bother? keeping it up for free so hamp can make money? i do not compute. i undertand putting in effort in something that is being developed, when devs sometimes listen, then it may be reasonable.

Then why are you in this org? And why are you on this forum? I think you should leave if you're not interested in improving Toribash.

We bother because it's our (apparently not your) hobby. Because we enjoy being in this community and interacting with the people in this community no matter who makes money from it. Isn't this kinda the thing a hobby is about? Using time on things you enjoy? Nobody expects someone to manage the whole forum. That's why there are many smods and whatever. You just have to go through them and remove inactive ones again.
Also I'd rather say the slacking time was pre 4.0. Which sure had its reasons.
Hampa seems quite active to me now.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
Then why are you in this org? And why are you on this forum? I think you should leave if you're not interested in improving Toribash.

surprisingly sometimes i produce more or less valid concepts like clan ranking sys, friends list sys, brief overview from marketing standpoint and more misc ideas you've may read in OP, instead of giving little to none constructive feedback nor suggesting concepts which may work within a game.

purpose of this org is mostly to collect / come up with ideas that will make tb more enjoyable experience. we are not going to implement it by ourselves, nor we work for sustaining tb, so it does not contradict with my standpoint if you was woundering.

and thanks for showing me on the door. i appreciate it.
Last edited by snake; May 9, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
We bother because it's our (apparently not your) hobby. Because we enjoy being in this community and interacting with the people in this community no matter who makes money from it. Isn't this kinda the thing a hobby is about? Using time on things you enjoy? Nobody expects someone to manage the whole forum. That's why there are many smods and whatever. You just have to go through them and remove inactive ones again.
Also I'd rather say the slacking time was pre 4.0. Which sure had its reasons.
Hampa seems quite active to me now.

If anything, the community is one of the greatest parts about Toribash. It's addicting and fun. It could use a few new looks but that is all. I love the community most of all and that is why I play the game.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Consider me out until there's a real subject to talk about here.