4 Stars
2 Votes / 33.33%
5 Stars
3 Votes / 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Captain America: Civil War

Welcome to the first talk thread about Captain America: Civil War. Be warned that this Thread may contain spoilers so proceed with caution or wait until you've seen the movie.

I'd like to start of by talking about some of our favorite scenes of the movie along with which performances we enjoyed most by each character to get a sort of highlight reel of the movie.

Thanks and join in hopefully. I'll be here as well.

Disclaimers

Last edited by Merc; Apr 27, 2016 at 08:16 PM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
moved to music/movies

Anywho, I am extreemly impressed with the spiderman part preview. They probably got a garunteed boost in grossing value.
Last edited by Link; Apr 27, 2016 at 09:45 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Full spoilers ahead !

spoilers

Last edited by DashSora; Apr 27, 2016 at 10:25 PM.
Originally Posted by DashSora View Post
Full spoilers ahead !

spoilers

First of all, they cant really call it Avenger: Civil War, because it was based on the comic. And vibranium*** cannot be penetrated by bullets.

I haven't watched the film yet though, but im expecting it to be alright.
Marvel is great once again when it comes to brainless action, I just watched it, and if you watch it with a movie critique hat and judge it based on the story, plot and just basic physics you will always be dissapointed with the marvel movies, but if you just want some great action shots and cool effects marvel is the way to go. Seeing as I'm a big VFX geek I enjoy all the marvel movies.

So basically my recommendation to you is to watch it with your brain turned off.

And I think the civil war title is just because the avengers were handling internal disputes through the movie.
Last edited by Ezeth; Apr 28, 2016 at 12:09 AM.
When I say avengers civil war it was just a little joke. (so was my spelling of vibranium, damn people are dense). Also let me tell you that between not letting bullets penetrate, and stopping any force coming into it, there's quite the difference. How come punches affect them, but not the knock back of bullets? Just food for thoughts.

True enough about shutting your brain off to enjoy it (i guess that's kinda the idea of those movies), but even the special effects were just so badly done sometimes... (thinking in particularly the scene where they're outspeeding cars by feet... or some of cap's throw where you clearly see the scene is accelerated)

Civil War Spoilers

| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Bullets are nothing compared to the mass and velocity that some of these dudes pack with a punch.
Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man were pretty cool..
Black Panther in particular was a bad-ass!@.. best part of the movie!
and i like the new Spider-Man, fuck that hipster-man and emo-man (The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3)
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
Black Panther, Spider-Man, and Ant-Man were pretty cool..
Black Panther in particular was a bad-ass!@.. best part of the movie!
and i like the new Spider-Man, fuck that hipster-man and emo-man (The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3)

It seems to me as Antman's CGI looks rushed, and his outfit just looks weird in the whole mash-up in the airport scene.

spoiler