Ranking
Original Post
Need help buying computer
I'm going to build my own, and I realized that I didn't know the fuck I was doing.

Budget
  • $500 USD
Essentials
  • Windows 8
  • One 17-20 inch monitor
  • Keyboard
  • Good for gaming

Thanks
1. Have you read the sticky?
2. What games do you want to play?
3. What parts do you have already (keyboard, mouse, monitor)?
4. What country do you live in?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
1. Have you read the sticky?
2. What games do you want to play?
3. What parts do you have already (keyboard, mouse, monitor)?
4. What country do you live in?

1. Not yet
2. Minecraft, gmod, and borderlands 2.
3. I said that I needed only a keyboard, monitor, and the computer.
4. US
Just saying, a decent keyboard and monitor alone are going to be around $150-$200, adding in windows 8 makes it about $300. Giving you $200 to get a decent gpu (around $150), a good cpu (around $200), a case (~$50), ram ($50-$80), a hard drive ($100), motherboard ($50-$100), and finally, a power supply ($50-$100)

tbh, you'd be better off getting a 17' laptop for around $500 than building your own desktop.

I'm not saying you can't get a desktop, I'm just saying that $500 won't let you play borderlands 2 at a very high FPS, nor minecraft on higher than medium settings.
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat
nevermind. Taking plata's response for help, and found out my friend is sort of professional in the department.