Toribash
Original Post
The Godzilla remake.

Saw it in the cinema last week. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't like the ending though, here's why:

Spoiler alert.

The effects were really amazing, and the 3D didn't make me dizzy as well.
I'm going to watch the original one from '54 and compare it.

What did y'all think of it? Do you hate remakes, or do you love 'em? Who is better, Godzilla or King Kong?

Also Heisenberg/Malcolm's dad Hal.
I haven't seen it yet, and I don't really plan to. It just looks like another one of those movies that focuses on special effects and ends up delivering some lame clichés.
I mean, anyone who cares for effects would probably enjoy it because they do look good. It just doesn't interest me.

As for remakes in general, they vary too much for me to give a conclusive opinion. I could say that they usually don't surpass the predecessor, but there are exceptions.
~
Oh, and I prefer Godzilla to King Kong, mainly due to the fact that Godzilla is cooler looking.
Well, people just need to see it from this perspective: It can't be worse than that abomination from 1998.
This Godzilla sure was full of cliché's alright, but it's just one of those movies where you don't have to think too much. It's just 3 hours of entertainment with popcorn and a soda. Personally I feel like the entire kaiju genre is like that.

The King Kong remake was AMAZING though (2005). No doubt about that. But yeah, most remakes are never better than the original. Doesn't mean they're bad of course.
I wonder if there is ever going to be an Indiana Jones remake so I can rage my socks out.

~
I love King Kong more because he is a killingmachine but he still has the time to show his emotions for his personal blonde. Now that's what I call the ultimate anti-hero.
Crystal Skull may have destroyed any further opportunities for an Indi film.

If you had any idea who Godzilla is wouldnt say murder all those people. He's a seriously misunderstood good guy who needs to fight another alien with several of his fighting moves to prove he's not a human killing moron like that idiot on cloverfield who Godzilla would wipe his ass with
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Crystal Skull may have destroyed any further opportunities for an Indi film.

If you had any idea who Godzilla is wouldnt say murder all those people. He's a seriously misunderstood good guy who needs to fight another alien with several of his fighting moves to prove he's not a human killing moron like that idiot on cloverfield who Godzilla would wipe his ass with

Is it weird that I actually enjoyed Kingdom o' The Crystal Skull? Yes, it probably is. I'm just scared that Shia LaBeouf would take in Harrison's spot.

On the Godzilla thing, I had no idea. I still need to watch the original Japanese version.
I love this film.
The only parts that I didn't enjoy were the cringy family love parts.
The monster designs were epic, especially the

spoiler

The movie was obviously full of cliché, but c'mon, it's a movie about a big giant lizard cliché can be forgiven.
The cast was really good except the assistant to the doctor guy, she was super annoying. The doctor guy also said a line we all wanted him to say.
The whole theme about fear of nuclear weapons is sort of maintained I feel too. Oh and also, the roars. Jesus.
10/10.
3483094/10.
183021374983247983289423/10 go watch it.

Can't speak for the original, I can never get into that film.
Yeah it's definitely a 2014 must to watch. The assistant did seem very out of place, she didn't really add anything to the whole happening.

I got the original Godzilla sitting on my laptop, might get around on watching that this weekend.
Peter jacksons king kong was epic, Loved it.

This new godzilla movie was utterly horrible, didn't like it. Don't get me even started on tokyo.... needless to say, it's been ruined.
It's not weird that you enjoyed it but seriously Ancient Alien Tombs, where do you go from there, I've feeling Shia's adventure wouldn't be as grand as Indi.

The difference between Godzilla and King Kong is Godzilla a reimagining while King Kong Is a remake and took elements from the original, whilst throwing Jack Black into the fray.