Toribash
Original Post
Rate my build?

So all this is from my computer. I wanted to add newer components, and I found a few good parts but I heard about "bottlenecking" so I would love the attentive help of this board.

Looks good enough to me, but I have no idea.
[8:12:11 AM] Yara Sparkle: come to netherlands everyone is naked.
Yup, looks good enough. But what CPU are you going to put in it? That mobo is FM2 so your core 2 duo won't fit.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
What he's saying is your current CPU will not fit/ work on that motherboard. You're either going to have to wait to buy the motherboard til' you have enough to buy an FM2 CPU and the motherboard or just get the motherboard now and have it collect dust until you can get a working CPU for your socket type. For now just get a new PSU and GPU to get you by for now.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
What he's saying is your current CPU will not fit/ work on that motherboard. You're either going to have to wait to buy the motherboard til' you have enough to buy an FM2 CPU and the motherboard or just get the motherboard now and have it collect dust until you can get a working CPU for your socket type. For now just get a new PSU and GPU to get you by for now.

I know, im saying I didnt want to drop 100 dollars. But im going to.
[8:12:11 AM] Yara Sparkle: come to netherlands everyone is naked.
Originally Posted by ZENKID123 View Post
GTX 650 or Higher Video Card and RAM Sticks maybe?

The R7 265 is far better than the GTX 650, and heck, it's even a close call in many games when compared with the GTX 750 Ti. The GPU choice is fine and should do most games nowadays at a decent framerate at 1080p, if you omit crummy console ports from the equation.

As for the CPU, you could likely pick up an AMD Athlon X4 750K or 760K for less than $100, which will fit the motherboard and provide decent quad-core performance.

As for RAM, Zenkid is right, 4GB is pretty barebones by today's standards, and might bottleneck your upgraded system a bit. An extra 4GB stick could run you about $50, but it might be a worthwhile investment, especially if you're a tab whore like me.

Tab Whoriness

Just make sure the new RAM matches the old ones in speed, DDR#, and you should be fine. If you find more money to spare, replacing all your RAM could ensure compatibility.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Thanks ross, this is the new build. Gotta start from scratch if I really want to see results. I didnt know that about ram actually.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VpMjbv
That sounds like a decent build, but once again, your RAM might be a limiting factor.

May I ask which case you're currently using? If you don't know the model, do you at least know the supported motherboard sizes?
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Im using the Dell Optiplex 780 currently. My plan is to use the case from my current computer, but I have 3 more if this doesnt work.