Ranking
The R7 240 is a GPU, it uses normal PCI Express slots.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Different sockets are only for processors, all graphics cards use the same PCI slots with the exception of some taking up multiple slots.
generally you shouldn't have to worry too much about gpu sockets unless you're using an ancient motherboard in which case you probably shouldn't bother getting a r9 240 anyway.

the r9 240 uses pcie 3 though, if it really matters that much.

also, moved to computer/mobile chat.
Humn, yeah faint, i will ''revive'' my old pc and i will buy this VGA. I need to buy a new motherboard too.
Also, thank you for move it.

Someone know what's the perfect motherboard for that vga?

Artist. Sometimes.

Uh, just find a motherboard that supports PCIe and you theoretically should be good to go provided that it isn't terrible. PCIe 3 GPUs will fit in to PCIe 2 slots on motherboards but seeing as you're running with AMD you'll probably want a motherboard with Crossfire support in case you're ever considering upgrading (seeing as you're going cheap-ish on the GPU I thought I'd make this assumption).

Although, it's pretty hard to suggest a motherboard to you without a price range.
collect snots from the nose
I think R$200($100+/-) is my max.. I don't want the BEST motherboard.. Just.. A regular motherboard.

Artist. Sometimes.

it's generally impossible to tell you a good motherboard without seeing your other computer specs first

list those and we'll go from there