ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Art Event] Design player card contest [TFCG org event]

Hello and welcome to simple design event sponsored by TFCG (Toribash Fighting Card game) Org.
We have invented IRC playable dueling card game that presents fighting in wushu mod (so far).
To be able to do this assignment first you should go to our org main page and collect some information about us and game.
It is important because without it you will not be able to make valid entry.
Our every member has his player card that is presenting his characteristics, him and his dueling deck, and it look like this:

Your task is to design player card that represents you or someone you know.
You have free hands to do this assignment as you like, it can be anything, just use your imagination and your sense for good design.

But, there are some rules that needs to be followed!

1. Card must be in size and format presented by sample of Hampa’s card. That is: 371 x 547 pixels,
150 dpi (or better) resolution, or translated to metric: 6,28 x 9,26 cm.
That is the standard size of all of our cards.

2. Card must have these features: Nickname, Player Image (screen from game or drawing), Race, Short description abut player,
writings: Strength, Speed, Skill, Luck (u can use abbreviations) with points in numeric format or presented graphically,
Toribash logo (very important!), Number of cards in deck (type and number) and Player title (it can be his belt or something else).

Cards of different size and format, or without all emphasized features and writings will not be taken in consideration during evaluation and selection.

First place: 12 K

Second place: 6 K

Third place: 3 K

Judges besides me are two persons from GM board, we will judge by pointing system, assigning points from 1 to 5 for every entry.

You have time till 27.07.2012 - 22.00 h (GMT +1) to finish and post here your design.

Good luck and be artsy! Thank you.

Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 20, 2012 at 01:48 PM.
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
So, how many cards are we allowed to enter? I might change my entry anyway.

Edit: So I did a do-over on my card:

An explanation; Items of the card from top to bottom. race + title, name, image, description, stats, deck cards.
The reason for the high value bars, or whatever they'e called, is because it says you got 15 points you can spend, and iirc there are no limits below 15 on either of the stats. I might be wrong though, but still, the possibility of 15 in one stats is the reason. I might have to re-read the guide.

EDIT: Wopsie, will change the card now due to the max of 6 in each stat. My bad.

EDIT: There, changed it. This is probably my final entry.
-snipnip-
Last edited by Tapion; Jul 26, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Can I give you one tiny suggestion?

If you have power bars for Strength, Speed, etc, why not put something like 30%, 50% etc, suggesting that 30% = 3 points, 50% = 5 points etc, just so someone that is looking at card has info about number of points used. I can deduct how much points you have spent on your characteristics by looking at numbers of cards but someone else might be confused.

Also, I'm sad that no one tried to draw his character, or some kind of representation of his character, and not just used screen-shot image of his tori.
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Jul 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM.
You have 15 points to spend on 4 characteristics and you have spent 14 points. You have one point that needs to be set somewhere. Also, maximum amount of points that you can assign to one characteristic is 6, and you have used 7 points on LUCK.

Just fix that, and according to that fix number of cards and its a valid entry.
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
If you have power bars for Strength, Speed, etc, why not put something like 30%, 50% etc, suggesting that 30% = 3 points, 50% = 5 points etc, just so someone that is looking at card has info about number of points used. I can deduct how much points you have spent on your characteristics by looking at numbers of cards but someone else might be confused.

The reason I did it they way I did, is because the max points of one characteristic is 6, so making them x/6 was the best I thought about. I could add some lines though to seperate the parts to make it clearer.

Edit: Made it easier to see the stats now:
Last edited by Tapion; Jul 26, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
2. Card must have these features: Nickname, Player Image (screen from game or drawing), Race, Short description abut player,
writings: Strength, Speed, Skill, Luck (u can use abbreviations) with points in numeric format or presented graphically,
Toribash logo (very important!), Number of cards in deck (type and number) and Player title (it can be his belt or something else).

That is the only thing that is missing on that card to be valid for this design event.