Ranking
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Counter - we're the poorest Asians alive

Parry - Get a job to pay towards a new computer
Hey guys whats up with EU West? its unavailable? any reason?
~The Age Of Gaming~
It's unavailable, yes. Reason: Riot can't find a way to fix a server that has been having problems for months.
Thanks FlutterSjy. I Was really worried, that's the bets server for me to play on thou.
~The Age Of Gaming~
Originally Posted by leyz View Post
For any full tank champion tenacity is bound to be at least 50% with masteries and even more in case of mundo or if you're wickd and playing irelia.

When you're in a situation of being a zero mobility squishy mid laner and there's a shyvana/mundo/olaf, who have 3k hp and very likely a banshee's, running at you, you're forced to use whatever means you have to peel them off yourself. And since you dont have any mobility but your main role is still to delete the carries, you're kind of in a position where you're not doing what you should be in a teamfight because you can't just run past a few champions and expect to not die or go low in the process. On the other hand champions with mobility allow to dash around cc or the enemy front line right to the carries and go in and out of the fight when needed.

I mean it's all still very situational obviously, but veigar in general would have a much harder time in mid-late game teamfights given they're somewhat coordinated by both teams. Unless of course it's past the point in the game where his q scaling hasn't yet reached beyond reasonable limits

You can compare veigar to syndra in that sense, except her scaling is obviously more limited but she has more aoe early on and her damage in general comes earlier in the game, she's had much more success than veigar the few times she has been picked competitively but people still don't value her all that much just because in terms of mobility all she can do is run while her flash is on cooldown

just like i wish somebody actually played ad offtank(not trinity force) malphite even tho he sucks until 6 items l0l

Every mid laner shouldn't be viable then because of one person having a 50% cc reduc. Veigar's role as a burst mage still works even when it's a teamfight. A banshee's will get popped almost instantly in a teamfight, guaranteed if you used your e to get it popped. Assuming they have 200 mr (67%-ish reduction) and 3000 hp (average worst case scenario of mid game), and veigar has 400 ap (reasonable to assume because of average q farming and basic core items), with 8% pen (mastery) and 25 flat ap pen (boots and runes) at level 11 with maxed q, 2 w, 2 e, and 2 r, veigar will be dealing with 159 mr (60%-ish resist).

If veigar uses everything, including dfg, this would deal an initial 7%-ish of their current health, so 210, also making their resists at around 40% reduc for any subsequent damage.

So their health would be 2790 at the start of the combo. It would then deal (500 + 570 + 855) * .6 = 1155. This would end your combo with them at 1635. Half their health is effectively gone. And this is assuming 200 mr and 3000 hp, which would assume almost complete itemization against ap. Your adc would just rip the tank a new asshole by this point anyways. And it's likely the top lane, the jungle is probably much squishier. The jungle would likely have closer to 2000 hp and at best 150 mr assuming complete itemization against ap. Which would still result in him having around 113 mr, which is only around 50% reduc. 7.5% of their health gone from dfg = 150, so 1850 health to start the combo. (500 + 570 + 855) * .7 = 1347-ish. Which means they end with basically 500 health. That's child's play for cleanup.

And ALL of these calculations are assuming average worst case scenarios. Most people don't build early mr. At best they'll have a negatron cloak or spectre's cowl, which will make them have 85 mr assuming 30 base + runes and masteries. And deleting somebody with that little mr is child's play. DFG would make them have only 10% reduc at that point. 200 mr is something you normally see in late game, and by then veig should already have a void staff and at least 600 ap.

tl;dr: Veig doesn't need to aim at squishies to burst. He still will do over 1000 damage with a full combo on a late game tank with only dfg and basic penetration. I've found that I don't even need to use dfg to blow up most squishies.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I think with Sorc Shoes, no runes for it, DFG, magic wizard hat, and Void staff I have like... over 600 AP. Most games end in the 800 AP range if its over 35-40 minutes with Veigar.

So amplify that shit with what Oracle said and "IN THEORY" (note: theorycrafting doesn't translate spectacular to real game), you hold a good argument. IDK how you're landing all your spells either because his combo is pretty tricky.

I guess E-> DFG -> W -> R->Q-> Q an E until you either wipe or win? <-- complete subject to change because W does... ludicrous amounts of damage and Veigar's spells are all really short CD
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
I think with Sorc Shoes, no runes for it, DFG, magic wizard hat, and Void staff I have like... over 600 AP. Most games end in the 800 AP range if its over 35-40 minutes with Veigar.

So amplify that shit with what Oracle said and "IN THEORY" (note: theorycrafting doesn't translate spectacular to real game), you hold a good argument. IDK how you're landing all your spells either because his combo is pretty tricky.

I guess E-> DFG -> W -> R->Q-> Q an E until you either wipe or win? <-- complete subject to change because W does... ludicrous amounts of damage and Veigar's spells are all really short CD

I use E > DFG > Q> R > W because I get the DFG - R part off in less than half a second. More than enough time for the W to still land with the stun still on, and it's often not necessary anyways, as Q will be back up in a second after they're no longer stunned.

And I'm used to landing skill shots. It only takes 1.5 seconds for the meteor to drop, and how you move will influence how the enemy moves. If you back up and they're winning, they'll move forward, so w can be used as a zoning tool. If you move forward when you're winning, depending on their range they could either be walking forward to get into range or backing up to try to stay "safe". Either way, by zoning or landing the meteor, it works to my ends. If you can zone somebody for 1.5 seconds because of a meteor, that's 1.5 more seconds off your e and q's cd.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Hyde and I were playing ARAM then something strange came up. A Lux with a chalice and a few minor items somehow has 400 AP at the start of the game. Much hax? Good thing Sona (Hyde) and Brand carried the game.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Damage isn't the problem, the problem is the whole time you're doing that, unlike most midlaners that see competitive play, you will be exposing yourself for the enemy team to tunnel vision you since your range is still relatively short and you will very likely be dying right after or in the middle of your combo, let alone getting a few spell rotations off.

Again, this is about why they prefer not to pick him over other midlaners, not about how he sucks or anything, most of the time if you pick him in normals or soloq you will very likely stomp anyway (or get completely shit on otherwise). And i'm not denying the fact that if someone picks him up a couple of times in lcs, ogn or whatever and sees at least decent results people would look at him, but so far he was completely dumpstered the two or three times they picked him for mid lane so people dont really feel like even trying
or you know, we can just agree that veigar is good in some comps and bad in/against some comps