Ranking
Original Post
Staying alive
Simple tips to avoid being disqualified.

Always extend your elbows and wrists if you are trying to use an arm to keep you off the ground. Even on hold your arms will bend unless you apply force to keep them straight.

Ungrip your opponent. This should be obvious, but I've seen people fail to do this.

Extend ankles, contract knees. When falling backwards.

Contract ankles, extend knees. When falling forwards. Do not forget to move those ankles, it is possible for a foot to go through the floor and you will lose.
Re: Staying alive
Originally Posted by Ephphatha
Contract ankles, extend knees. When falling forwards. Do not forget to move those ankles, it is possible for a foot to go through the floor and you will lose.

That depens on a server setting now a days aswell. On the judo servers wrists and ankels are safe.

Another thing I do when I loose an arm/hand is to put it in grip mode so it might get stuck somewhere and in that way stay of the ground.

lol... I'm pretty good at this by now, but I just make it so that I land on my opponent.

Or so that my opponent lands first. I gamble on that often, but you should see some of the "OMG WTF" that ensues. I have won without limbs, by slamming my torso into the enemy and landing on their severed arms. It's mostly about seeing how they will break, or where they're most likely to tip over, or simply if you can grab their foot or trap it somehow.

Perhaps slightly too far for tutorial, but good to get used to doing.
*fills this thread with gigantic speakers blaring out to Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive 24/7*
What what? In the butt.
foxie, all those apps are going to make the page take forever to load. Have some self-control, please. Not all of us have fast internet. You don't want to scare us off, now do you?
I like to land on my opponent too. I've even got some moves where I just trap their arms and one of their legs and try to land on them before they land on me
[21:15:14] <Grath> Vii has the power to instantly stun any male
[21:15:17] <Grath> It's called 'boobs'
thats what i try to do....

uh-oh, its happening *furtive glances*
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes, then, by the time you criticize him, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes