Toribash
no work dishonors
if you need work take any legal even if it;s the worst job that you could imagine
and about penises n stuff on gym
nobody gives a shit about your D unless it;s Very big or very small
so yea and even if you see somebody lookinjg at it
ignore it he is not going to rape you (atleast not in the gym)
Here's an article I read a while back on the subject. It reminds me of your situation quite a bit, with some differences:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20720...-homeless.html

Originally Posted by isaac View Post
That's 4 hours of hard work everyday.

Get a second job as well. 4 hours of work a day isn't much/exhausting. You should be more than capable of working at least 8, if not 12 hours a day. That way, you'd be out of this lifestyle sooner.
Last edited by ynvaser; Aug 26, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
I don't normally agree with this guy but this is something you should do. iirc you are 18 or so, if you believe you are man enough to move out of your parents house without being in school at this point in your life, you should be man enough to shower in public. Best advice I have for that is get over yourself. You are not the center of attention and as some have already said in this thread, no one cares about your willy.

In regards to paying for a gym that you will only use for showering, just use the gym as well. A couple hours of manual labor everyday and reduced caloric intake will not make you healthier or buff. If you're paying for the gym membership it may be who of you to use the facility as well. Besides, you are living in your car, other than work what else are you going to do all day? Once you get a place and on your feet I would recommend going back to school in order to get a better job. Perhaps a community college in your area. Financial aid will do wonders, and may even give you some extra money. This is assuming you are ~18 and not in college currently.

Furthering your education is beneficial if you are going to be living on your own since you don't want to work at fast food but you are also not qualified for many other higher paying jobs.

Again, I wasn't really concerned about that part, it's more I'm asking how to. Where do I go and whatnot. I've never been in a gym, so I suppose it'll be obvious when I'm there, but I've never done it before and that makes me anxious.

Read up about being a package handler for UPS. It's hard work. An unloader goes through over 1000 packages weighing up to 70 pounds an hour. I think that's plenty workout when I also ride my bike. I'm not that interested in body building or anything like that. I might though sometimes just because I'm there anyway.

Here's some stats about college in America. Of everyone that goes to college, 46 percent finish ( http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...ents-drop-out/ ).

In 2010, 48 percent of working college graduates held jobs which required less than a bachelor’s degree. In 2012, twice as many college graduates held minimum wages jobs as in 2006. ( http://redalertpolitics.com/2014/02/...ot-much-value/ )

Seven in 10 college seniors (71%) who graduated last year had student loan debt, with an average of $29,400 per borrower. From 2008 to 2012, debt at graduation (federal and private loans combined) increased an average of six percent each year. ( http://projectonstudentdebt.org/state_by_state-data.php )

It's an expensive investment that's falling in value each year, while also costing more and more. I honestly don't think I'd be any happier working at Starbucks with a Bachelor's degree, making minimum wage, to pay off crippling 5 figure or more debt than I'd be if I were to live frugally out of my car and just enjoy life. This is the American dream

College or university in a different first world country that doesn't charge an arm and a leg would be different, but here it's a fruitless investment for most unless you're becoming a doctor or lawyer.

I don't see living in a car as much different from living in an RV. For me, I think I'll like it more than working my life away. I wouldn't mind the UPS job. It'd net me just barely enough to get a small studio if I wanted, or live less frugally in my car or an RV, but then after a year I get full benefits. That right there in itself is worth it.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
If you feel like college isn't for you than just go for a labor job.

Things like welding, auto mechanics, electrician, construction, etc.

These jobs only require a high school diploma which I assume you have. Most of these jobs pay better than the majority of jobs out there also but they can take a toll on your health (back, neck, etc.)

Head over to http://www.bls.gov/ooh/construction-...ction/home.htm to see the list of jobs and what they take. I think they are all high school diploma and even less for others. You can also look around at the other catagories to see if anything strikes your interest.

~

Also for the actual topic,
I can imagine you would be anxious going into a gym shower but there is a first for everything and soon enough it won't be a second thought. Usually a person would be just like you and hope you aren't looking at him. But even if, they aren't going to say anything because they know what you are there for. If you were working out naked that's a different story.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck, man.
8-)
You slowly learn there's worse things in life that you have to do that isn't taking a shower in public. As everyone else has said, Gyms are like one big family, they don't know you and the worst people you'll find are most likely small teen hipsters. Basically man up, use the gym and keep an eye out if the gym looks for jobs, if it does then apply and you could 1. get a discount and 2.get paid.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Again, I wasn't really concerned about that part, it's more I'm asking how to. Where do I go and whatnot. I've never been in a gym, so I suppose it'll be obvious when I'm there, but I've never done it before and that makes me anxious.

In that case you'll be fine.

Read up about being a package handler for UPS. It's hard work. An unloader goes through over 1000 packages weighing up to 70 pounds an hour. I think that's plenty workout when I also ride my bike. I'm not that interested in body building or anything like that. I might though sometimes just because I'm there anyway.

I realize this, but what I'm saying is manual labor and a low calorie diet doesn't mean you shouldn't use the gym you are paying for. It also won't make you very healthy. Health being just a side note, won't be concerned if you take my advice on that or not because most Americans do not live a healthy lifestyle anyway. But financially, if you're going pay $30 for a whole facility just to use the showers, you might as well actually use the facility as well, interested or not.

Here's some stats about college in America. Of everyone that goes to college, 46 percent finish ( http://thinkprogress.org/education/2...ents-drop-out/ ).

In 2010, 48 percent of working college graduates held jobs which required less than a bachelor’s degree. In 2012, twice as many college graduates held minimum wages jobs as in 2006. ( http://redalertpolitics.com/2014/02/...ot-much-value/ )

Seven in 10 college seniors (71%) who graduated last year had student loan debt, with an average of $29,400 per borrower. From 2008 to 2012, debt at graduation (federal and private loans combined) increased an average of six percent each year. ( http://projectonstudentdebt.org/state_by_state-data.php )

It's an expensive investment that's falling in value each year, while also costing more and more. I honestly don't think I'd be any happier working at Starbucks with a Bachelor's degree, making minimum wage, to pay off crippling 5 figure or more debt than I'd be if I were to live frugally out of my car and just enjoy life. This is the American dream

College or university in a different first world country that doesn't charge an arm and a leg would be different, but here it's a fruitless investment for most unless you're becoming a doctor or lawyer.

A lot of people 'do college wrong'. That's the best way I can put it. Also, I didn't say anything about loans, if you go to a community college in order to receive an associate's in whatever you can apply for financial aid. I believe you fill out a form about your income, living situation, blah blah blah and you will receive a grant each semester. Faint actually went to a community college. I have some logs here talking about financial aid. (plz read spoil)

financial aid

I wasn't too knowledgeable on the facts, but I just got it from the horses mouth. Doesn't sound like you'll be going to debt anytime soon does it? While going to school you can also work. All this leading up to you getting your associate's and potentially moving on to making more money as well as furthering your education. You don't have to be a doctor or lawyer for college to be a great investment for things to come. You just have to make a smart career choice. Pick an associates in something as a stepping stone to a job you might enjoy doing, there are things like: engineering, physical therapy, pharmacy, business, art, the list goes on.

What I'm getting at is there are ways to make college not so daunting if you go about it the right way. Then maybe you can do something you like doing and get paid a lot more than a UPS guy. You may want to look up some statistics of success of people who did a 2 year college before going onto a full year college or even going on to get their masters.

I don't see living in a car as much different from living in an RV. For me, I think I'll like it more than working my life away. I wouldn't mind the UPS job. It'd net me just barely enough to get a small studio if I wanted, or live less frugally in my car or an RV, but then after a year I get full benefits. That right there in itself is worth it.

Working in order to live even more comfortably than an RV lifestyle is not working your life away. Yes you may get benefits, but working toward higher amounts of pay and overall a more comfortable life (ie. having your own shower) with an investment that will also make you a more knowledgeable person sounds pretty good too.

bold is me clearly.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
This is so sad, even I work 4 hours a day after hard work at school. You should be ashamed of yourself for being so lazy.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
bold is me clearly.

I appreciate the response, mwah. I haven't looked into grants and scholarships much. I did the bare minimum in high school, so I'm not sure if I'd even qualify for any kind of scholarship. I'd follow your advice if I cared about having a place to call home or a long term job, but I really think my goals are different right now. The stats still stand though. The people going to college on grants and whatnot are the 30%, of the 46% or w/e it was that actually finish.

I don't want to work 40 hours a week, no matter how much it pays. Life is a lot more fun for me when I can laze about and don't have to worry about responsibilities. Working at UPS is actually a great choice. Drivers end up earning over $30 an hour, but they're working overtime everyday. They get a good retirement though, and great benefits. Right now there's a 7 year waiting list to become a driver. Right now I want to work as little as possible and just enjoy living. I'll be able to read lots, go camping, hiking, there's a lot of things I'll be able to do with the freetime, and extra money I save. Maybe if I get the UPS job, 7 years from now I'll be in the mindset to start spending the majority of my time working and having a place to live to save up for when I'm old and can't do anything fun anymore except live in an old people home.

Again thanks for the advice, but I think I'm just a lazy bum. But I'll defend that with the thought that not everyone needs to live the same work 9-5 mon-fri, buy a house, start a family, save a retirement, retire, go to old people home, die. Think how much more free time I'm going to have. I'll appreciate it at least for a while, and then maybe get bored and decide to start living the 'standard' way.

And I am still working on my business throughout this. I've had 2 customers so far. I just got a yelp page setup, and I have $50 a month going to yelp ads. That'll hopefully get me some more business.

Originally Posted by Pwr View Post
This is so sad, even I work 4 hours a day after hard work at school. You should be ashamed of yourself for being so lazy.

Again, why does everyone have to live up to the same standards? I have different priorities from you, obviously. I'm going to be just as satisfied and as fulfilled as you without having to work everyday. If you base your happiness around going to school and having a job, then so be it. I'm basing mine around other things. No need to be a dick because of it.

Btw, here's pictures of my car if anyone was interested. http://imgur.com/a/fKEcr
Last edited by isaac; Aug 27, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
It must get hot as fuck in there in summer time bruh
<13chillz> Grab a crayon and go zoom zoom