Ranking
Original Post
[CONCEPT] Evolving Movement in TB
Hi. I worked on this a long time ago. It's a script that uses a basic Genetic Algorithm configuration (10 population size, and roulette wheel fitness competition for parent selection) to evolve a sequence of move that will get Tori closer to Uke. The Script is a mess, but if you run it and press space to start the GA, you should be able to see incremental improvement.
Attached Files
GA_Movement.lua (12.4 KB, 103 views)
Last edited by Daanando; Jan 20, 2016 at 11:38 PM.
Thats really cool dude :>
You should take a look at this video: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qv6UVOQ0F44
If the link doesn`t work(because i am on my phone) search for this on youtube: MarI/O - Machine Learning for Video Games
Let`s see if your programm can break some speed records, because why not

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

Thanks!

I've seen it before, I think. Good video. It's amazing stuff. My script isn't even in the same concept of league of what MarI/O. Still fun tho.
Aww man, not only is my [CONCEPT] script unoriginal, but also a piece of crap cromparred to the first from half a decade ago... Oh well, it was nice feeling like I contributed, while it lasted.

Thanks for the info!
Hey no worries man - yours looks great. I actually stumbled across the first one because I got interested in making my own genetic algorithm implementation in Toribash (and now I can see it's been done twice!).

I'm still very interested in using Toribash in some kind of AI capacity though - I was thinking machine learning could be fun. But with the amount of game/replay data that you'd need to pull that off there's a whole lot of other awesome projects and analytics that could be done too.

Edit: Something that would be cool to do that, as far as I know, has never been done, would be to try to come up with some fitness functions and try to see if you can use a genetic algorithm to get close to some records.
Daaamn the mario video posted on the first thread was impressive ! It'd be amazing to actually be able to implement AIs in tori !

Those two scripts are equally as impressive ! And I am definitely looking forward to see what you can do in the future, Daanando, if you continue to work and improve your work (And I really hope you will)