ES Recruitment Drive
chitty chat how is everybody doing lets play a game guess who i am without checking the recruitment thread lets go boys

Originally Posted by lloyd54321 View Post
Too late now though hes already over with tb and editing. In my opinion you shouldn't compare people it just makes the other person feel like shit

Well what do you want me to do? Give him a pat on the back and give him the delusion that he's amazing and talented and doesn't need to improve anymore because he's a pro already?

I said this is what it'll take to get my vote, I don't think you're there yet. What exactly did I do wrong? People get compared to others all the time. I never said "you'll never get to this level, you're shit and you suck, stop trying",
I gave a minimum requirement for what I thought was acceptable from a professional level video editor.
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
REPOSTING HERE
i was typing this while yall were chatting ;~;

But honestly kesh, you'll have to deal with harsh criticism if you want to get better. You said you did edits for fun, which makes it sound like you just do whatever you want for the heck of it. Not that it's bad, I'm like that with TB. I try things for fun, I'm not the type of person to take the game seriously. What Karbn said was just him misunderstanding what you meant by "for fun", which I misunderstood as well. HOWEVER, that DOES NOT give you the right to speak so harshly. Yes, the criticism was tough, but you'll have to deal with that. You said you spent hours perfecting videos, it's an art. I also do art as well, cartooning. So from artist to artist, I have to say "DEAL WITH IT". I have to go through tough criticism all the time. "The head's too long", "ur art is trash", "ur anatomy is all wrong", I have to deal with crap like that too. Yet it only makes me a better artist because I take it to heart in a DIFFERENT WAY. I see them as pointers, hints to a puzzle. If you don't take criticism, you're not taking a step forward. You're taking a HUGE step backwards. Quiting all together is just a disgrace to your art form. You're probably gonna come back and check to see other's reactions, so don't try to pull some sneaky shit. Deal with the criticism and move on.
-----
Basically what halue said
Last edited by Lotus; Jun 20, 2018 at 12:13 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
¿?
You want to know what i would want you to do? tell him what he did wrong insted of saying ''oh you're not as good as this person'' even though its clear who had more time to practice. thats like me coming up to you while you're learning how to parkour or somthing and say ''you're not as good as xlr'' it makes you feel like trash. unlike you lionet was actually helping kesh without comparing him to other players. And it doesn't take somone saying ''you will never be on this level'' to make them give up, cause it for real feels like you're implying it. And you yourself said it was harsh
-----
ayy ty
Last edited by lloyd54321; Jun 20, 2018 at 02:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I said what I thought wasn't good with his edits. I mentioned that the effects were very harsh, the key framing needed work so it was smoother, and it would benefit him to change up his music style every once in awhile.

If he wanted help he would've asked for help. It's an application process, not a tutoring service. If you apply for a job, do they tell you what you need to improve on before you get hired? No. They expect that you meet minimum requirements before the fact. If one gets denied, and they ask the employer why they weren't hired, the employer will tell them why they weren't hired, and maybe what they can do to improve their skills and presentation for next time.

I have no hard feelings towards keshoihut, but I refuse to give my vote to people who I don't think deserve it.
Last edited by Karbn; Jun 20, 2018 at 03:23 AM.
We never said "You'll never be as good as x". Karbn said he compared the video styles of the two to show the difference in production, not skill or professionalism. No where did he say "hey, check this video out and compare their skills". Even so, the comparison was meant for pat to view (to see the difference between something made "for fun" and one that's made professionally). He gave himself high hopes, and didn't meet them. Is that our fault? People said his edits were professional when they weren't. You were spoon feeding him confidence. Then there's the criticism karbn and I gave him. Yes it was harsh, but we didn't mean any ill feelings towards him. We were pointing out his faults, and we need to point them out to determine whether or not he's going to join. The criticism I got when I applied was that "I was stiff and looked liked a robot, and my replays weren't all that good". The only thing going for me was my balance, mas, and my determination to keep getting better. The criticism he got was "his replays were a little subpar and his editing was subpar (not professional)". What was going for him? Don't know, NO ONE POINTED OUT ANY. The only one I saw was that he could edit... that's it. Nothing gameplay wise. There's a difference between saying you'll get better, and actually doing it. He gave in to the criticism he should have taken advantage of to get better. We didn't imply anything, we pointed out his flaws. What else can we do? Give him lies? Tell him he's really good? No. He came to apply. I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes just to give him the chance I got. But if he's going to give up everything that easily, there's no point.
¿?
Ha I got here before you frosty

Lloyd, does he have a discord? If you really feel strongly about this then I'll apologize and try to make things right between Kesho and I.

Also basically everything frosty said because his words are better than mine. I didn't mean any Ill intent towards kesho, I was more annoyed that our various members seem to have forgotten what professionally made videos look like. Kesho has potential to become a good video maker, but I wouldn't say he's there yet.
Last edited by Karbn; Jun 20, 2018 at 03:35 AM.
Y'all fell for the trap didn't ya? Well here comes Patrick bitchesssss

Alright so here's how it went:
I gave him hope so he can improve and told him he knows everything a professional should know yet he is not a professional. His videos are a little too much you know a lot of shit going on in a second which is disturbing as fuck.

Now to point out what happened and how my evil plan worked out:
I figured out his way of thinking by the way he phrases his shit and he was obviously not the kind I'd like to keep in the clan. No offense but yeah whatever. So anyway I pointed out that he's good and implied that he's on a professional level so I can trigger Karbn to give him the words he has to hear. And as I said I had concluded that his personality is not one I'd like to keep in the clan because his "hard work" isn't enough, needs harder work.

Now to conclude he is not a professional and will not be until he realizes what's bad in his edits and replays because someone never gets better until they realize their own mistakes. Maybe he likes his edits though, who knows? Comparison is good to know what's professional and what's mildly childish and unworthy of watching.
All in all my entire hope was to make Karbn triggered and give out the best of frosty because I know what these 2 are capable of giving.
Good criticism y'all, love you big time^^

Also @Lloyd comparison is good but if he did it all by himself, not if somebody else implied it. He has to learn what's making his replays and/or edits bad.

Now cheer up fellas, all going good. Have a great day!
My plans always seem to work xD (lionet insert evil laugh plez <3)

Also halue how you been my meme friend? Good to have you back^
█████ Vector █████
█ ███████ █