yay
55 Votes / 80.88%
nay
13 Votes / 19.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Unibash, yay or nay?
Alright so I've been wanting to bring back Unibash for a while and I've been talking to hampa on Skype and he said I can but I should check if anyone does want it back first

What is Unibash? - Old Thread

Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Unibash, sometimes called university of toribash, is a group of teachers and testers. They hold classes in main aspects of toribash such as ingame, modding and scripting etc.

Unibash also deals with graduation tests, which you can take to receive certain achievements. e.g ingame achievement is given to players who are exceptionally good at toribash. A special ingame test is used to determine whether a player is good enough or not.

As you can tell from reading about Unibash, it was a pretty good addition to the game as it gave new players a chance to learn more about the game as well as earn the achievements shown below.

Achievements

Keep in mind that if we do bring it back that we will need to recruit teachers and testers etc.

requesting that a poll be added to this to make it easier to see how many people want it back <3
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
Would be a great addition back to the community, and would like to see not only a return, but an enhancement, with in-game integration, such as a redirect from the main menu gui to the unibash section, or even accessibility to the section in game, as has been done with the tori-shop.

This would help to educate those have installed the game through steam for example, and aren't aware of the forums and how helpful they are.

Also, below I have addressed the Individual Pro's that are worth checking before making a decision

Individual Pro's

I feel like this could go two ways: be a great success or complete failure with nothing in-between.
This could bring up activity of toribash players as it is lacking at the moment, but I think there are many good tutorials and guides on the forums already so I am not sure how would this be superior.
Also in case this happens I think teachers should get some sort of "salary" to stay motivated, because teaching is definitely not for everyone and not many people will be suitable for this position.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Also in case this happens I think teachers should get some sort of "salary" to stay motivated, because teaching is definitely not for everyone and not many people will be suitable for this position.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=559233

Everyone on there is willing to teach people the game without any salary, why would the different aspects been any different?

People (Myself included) enjoy watching people learn and develop and so don't see it as work as much as simply doing their bit. I don't think it would actually be that much of a problem getting teachers, and if it becomes an issue, it is surely something that can be added in the future. I think this topic is more based upon the idea of actually rolling unibash back out, as opposed to the individual bits and pieces of how it will work.
I'd really like to see Unibash come back, it would also bee cool to see an addition of a scripting award.

Anyway, it would not do any harm, I hope you the best in bringing it back.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
I would love to see unibash come back too, it was only here for a short time when I started.
I actually talked to faint about bringing this back too about a year ago or so but nice job Butler.

Yay!!!
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
Originally Posted by Sense View Post
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=559233

Everyone on there is willing to teach people the game without any salary, why would the different aspects been any different?

People (Myself included) enjoy watching people learn and develop and so don't see it as work as much as simply doing their bit. I don't think it would actually be that much of a problem getting teachers, and if it becomes an issue, it is surely something that can be added in the future. I think this topic is more based upon the idea of actually rolling unibash back out, as opposed to the individual bits and pieces of how it will work.

I was talking less about people who would be willing to do the job, as much as people who would fit for the job. Majority of this community nowadays has very edgy personalities and fragile patience, so people like that obviously wouldn't do a good job and probably even harm the community.

And yes I understand, that's why I only mentioned it briefly.