Toribash
Original Post
[Study] | [Headhunting Tutorial]
I think a decapitation tutorial is long over due. I want the org to come together so we can talk about the joy of ripping heads off of unsuspecting foes.

Anybody and everybody who has experience or replays to contribute, would you kindly share with us below. Leaders and council will analyze every thing and put together a well thought out tutorial on decaps in aikido.

*This OP will be updated regularly. Hopefully this project will take no longer than 2-3 weeks.
**Update: Beginning to write the tutorial my plan is to make a numbered list similar to flow with a hyperlinked replay for each number. (so please dont remove your replays here).
-----------------

Headhunting Tutorial

Last edited by footlox; Sep 27, 2016 at 01:16 AM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Are we looking at specifc techniques? Or the general ingredients.
-----
Decap ingredient: power generation.
This is a monkey punch. taught to me by monkey apex the monkey punch is a punch that can be thrown from off a single grab.In its base form the generation is from the combined contraction of the wrist elbow and pecs and can be done with no ground control after a turn over for example. though will probably result in self dq. ideally you want to be pushing off with a hip and a contacted glute. see example.1
Example 2 is a shortened version for a decap
to aim you use your lumbar and shoulders.
failing that just jam a grab hand into their throat then ungrab to pop the head off. sometimes.
Attached Files
akidomonkypuchwrwf.rpl (38.5 KB, 24 views)
akido smashwrfdfdf.rpl (43.8 KB, 16 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Aug 27, 2016 at 04:28 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
All of these replays should (hopefully) show different aspects of decapping.
If you can get the aim perfect, you can decap even if you don't hit very hard. The back of the neck is usually the best place to aim for if you're trying to do this.
If you don't think you can get the decap right away, try to bruise up the neck a bit anyways, this makes decapping easier later.
Don't think only your arms can decap, anything can do it if you get creative enough.
Pushing the head out of the way can decap if you do it fast enough, slowly will usually frac though.
Try to use every joint you can to make the decap more powerful, every bit helps.
If you think you're going to hit really hard, you don't need to worry about aim too much.
Sudden changes like contracting a joint around the neck is usually a good way to get a decap.
Twisting the head around can make it pop off (try to grab the neck).
If you have a grab on the head but cant get to the neck, if you jerk it hard enough (har har) you might be able to decap. Try contracting your whole arm and then fully extending it. If that doesn't seem fast enough, contracting your wrist instead of extending it can make your arm move faster.
All of these should correlate with one of these replays.
Attached Files
Aim.rpl (35.5 KB, 8 views)
Bruising.rpl (63.5 KB, 11 views)
Everything can decap.rpl (38.7 KB, 13 views)
Pop.rpl (46.9 KB, 8 views)
Put your back into it.rpl (41.2 KB, 10 views)
Smash.rpl (38.1 KB, 9 views)
Snap.rpl (57.3 KB, 8 views)
Twist and Pull.rpl (62.7 KB, 10 views)
Yank hard.rpl (32.9 KB, 9 views)
I have decapped a lot of people, I suck at explaining things, but I'll try my best.

So there are a few ways you can decap your opponent, one of which is getting your hand behind the neck of your opponent, and pretty much strangling their head off. Decaps involve a lot of wrist movement usually, the most effective way in my eyes is getting your hand behind your opponents neck joint and either contracting your wrist or extending your wrist, along with contracting your elbow and sometimes lowering your shoulder. I'll include a replay below (TA Decap 1) where this is used. (I made the replay in single player as an example, I went by Aikido turnframes though, so you will be able to use that opener and follow up if you'd like)

Second way, hard impacts. If you are in a situation where you are rotating your body and your arm seems like it's swinging faster than a fucking Lamborghini, try to direct the impact point (Hand, wrist, forearm) towards your opponents neck joint. This is really effective in getting decaps, because it's so much blunt force hitting the neck joint. I have an example of this where I straight punch Uke's neck and decap him (TA Decap 2) (I made the replay in single player as an example, I went by Aikido turnframes though, so you will be able to use that opener and follow up if you'd like)

A 3rd way of decapping your opponent, ghosting your hand under their neck joint. So if you're trying to decap your opponent and you find yourself in a position where your hand is ghosted under their neck joint, do the complete opposite of what your arm is at that moment. If your wrist is contracted, extend it, if your elbow is extended, contract it, If your hand is grabbed, ungrab it. This will cause your arm to pretty much pry the opponent's head off and I'd say it works 90% of the time if you do it right. I'll post an example of this below, (koz vs remzombie 111) I got a really nice save by doing this.

Also I will post a replay where I get a knee decap, you can pretty much decap your opponent with any limb as long as it's moving fast enough.

There are many other ways of decapping your opponent, I'm sure others will post some other ways

Now, not a ton of players know this, or at least not a lot of players utilize it. If you contract your neck joint, it makes it probably 70% harder to get decapped. I don't know why it does, but it does. I always keep my neck contracted, and players that frequently decap people (Sparky, Fire, Nulu) can't decap me (unless they get lucky) So I recommend always keeping your neck joint contracted, it helps a lot.

Here are the replays
Attached Files
TA Decap 1.rpl (19.3 KB, 12 views)
TA Decap 2.rpl (16.6 KB, 9 views)
koz vs remzonmbie 111.rpl (38.3 KB, 13 views)
ABD Knee Decap.rpl (55.2 KB, 11 views)
you're on thin ice, pal
I can help. If you recall I originally posted 5 decap replays as my application replays.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Hey guys a nice decap replay I wanted to post here. It shows if you consistently deal damage to the head it'll pop off eventually.
Attached Files
Head Pop.rpl (51.6 KB, 8 views)
Hope this helps
There are many different approaches to getting a decapitation, and a few effective strategies to defend yourself from being the next headless victim.

Defensively, extending the neck to tuck it forward is the majority of the time your safest approach. The exceptions are on attacks from behind where it may be beneficial to contract or hold depending upon the angle of the incoming attack. If you are unable to avoid the impact it helps to relax portions of your body that would be in line with the attack in order to disperse the force over a larger area. If you spread the damage, it won't have as easy of a time reaching the threshold set for dismemberment. Strangely enough, if you happen to find your tori with a fractured neck, don't stress out, you're now fairly immune to decaps.

To maximize the force on the head or neck in order to increase your chance of dismembering the neck joint it helps to find a way to latch onto your opponent and pull them into your strike. An example is pulling with your right arm and pec while you extend the left arm into the opponent's head. I've attached some varied examples which may help to illustrate my point.

The next thing to really keep in mind if you are focusing on getting your decapitations is bruising. All bruising really means is that you strike a joint without dismembering it, the next time you strike with similar force it will be at a lower threshold and easier to accomplish a decap or dismemberment. So quick strikes to the head or neck prior to your decap attempt will allow you more successful decapitations.
Good detailed information. We should make a room some time and talk more about decap strategies, you game?