Ranking
Original Post
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
[IMG] Drawn robot - WIP
Working on some bigger kind of art now. And I'm kinda trying to find a drawing style for when I get a tablet. I'll probably get one for my birthday.

This is my first idea, and I'm trying to get it done without tablet now. It's a work in progress as you see.

Edit: also, I'm removing the previous stages in this post as the image is a bit big.
---
Current stage:
Last edited by Tapion; Jun 20, 2010 at 09:14 PM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Looks interesting but i dont know if that can be a robot shape...maybe something abstract
If you dont mind as you might have noticed i'm new to GATA.Whats that a tablet?
Way too clean man :P
A cool trick I learnt is to keep your shading/highlights on a separate layer from the form, then make it pretty messy and you can just multiply it down or whatever you want.
Another trick is to apply a really hard shadow (say, 90% opacity), then plonk down a bit, and then hit I (or whatever shortcut for eyedropper) and get the new colour of the overlap, then keep plonking and droppering, and you will get a nice smooth (but not too smooth) shadow. This guy does this.

Ghiita: This
Show the WIP you put up on IRC with the shoulder plate, it was a bit further along than this.
back from the dead
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Way too clean man :P
A cool trick I learnt is to keep your shading/highlights on a separate layer from the form, then make it pretty messy and you can just multiply it down or whatever you want.
Another trick is to apply a really hard shadow (say, 90% opacity), then plonk down a bit, and then hit I (or whatever shortcut for eyedropper) and get the new colour of the overlap, then keep plonking and droppering, and you will get a nice smooth (but not too smooth) shadow. This guy does this.

Good trick, but I can't remember any tool by the name of eyedropper in GIMP. Will check it out anyway.

Originally Posted by Oyster
Show the WIP you put up on IRC with the shoulder plate, it was a bit further along than this.

Had to start over as I managed to save the whole shit as a png-file as I went along, making the layers I had go away.

Edit:
Tried to redo it again just to see what I could do.
Should I stick with the old or try the new?

Edit2:
Edited even more. I think I'll do it this way than the other, and I figured I need a bigger canvas now, or crop it down.
Last edited by Tapion; May 20, 2010 at 06:02 PM.
Sigma | Gata
eye dropper = get colour tool.

The symbol is an eye dropper.

Even ms paint has this tool

BUMP.
4th Dan Black Belt
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
eye dropper = get colour tool.

The symbol is an eye dropper.

Even ms paint has this tool

BUMP.

I should have known at that time, and I did find it out just after I posted that reply og me not knowing what it was, just cba to edit it.
Sigma | Gata
lemmie get this straight, your doing this with the mouse ?_? your mad, mad I say!
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-