Toribash
Original Post
Old servers vs New servers, and different versions of Toribash
If you can't see any rooms, or otherwise play toribash, and this happened recently:
Make sure that you are running the newest version of toribash. At the time of this writing, those versions are 3.94 for windows, and 3.93 for OSX. This is because the servers were moved, and the old servers are hardcoded in the old clients.

Two things just happened:

1. Old Toribash servers have been shut down, rendering all toribash versions older than 3.94 useless
2. Vox made a patch to make pre-3.94 versions useful again, by making old clients connect to new servers.

Basically, a lot of people are unable to play with up to date versions, for a variety of reasons. With this patch, you can patch the client of your choice, and play on the new servers.
Lastly you may also need the servers text file below for versions before 3.5, this should replace the servers text file in your installed Toribash folder.

So without further ado:
Click here to download the latest version of Toribash.
Click here to download the patch
Click here to get the server list you will need to make 3.32 and older to work.
Click here to get the client of your choice

NB: This patch only works with windows clients. But a Mac version is under development

Confirmed working with versions:
3.01 (Requires servers.txt as provided above, not the patch.)
3.32 (Requires servers.txt as provided above, not the patch.)
Last edited by Vox; Dec 9, 2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Patch updated to work on older versions.
Hey i noticed on the link that gave all the versions of tb 3.9 was left off. can you tell me why because i'd really like to go back to 3.9. thanks

Besties with Sham. That is all
Originally Posted by tehunknown View Post
Hey i noticed on the link that gave all the versions of tb 3.9 was left off. can you tell me why because i'd really like to go back to 3.9. thanks

Versions simply get lost over time, that'll be one we don't have, if you get the installer for it then you can let jarmund or me know and we'll put it up there.
Originally Posted by Tripstone View Post
I tried downloading Toribash 3.99 and the server list won't show up, what can I do to fix that or whats going on?

I think toribash is only at 3.96 ATM.

SkulFuk Moderated Message:
You think wrong FOOL
This is an update on the Old Mac patch.
I compiled the code Vox provided on page 4 of this thread.
The C++ code is named main.cpp
The program the code creates (the patch) is Tori_patch_MacPPC
The file Tori_patch_MacPPC.1 is the documentation about the patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/?brhxok5be5...1e7thn8xo3bytg

The code is compiled but I don't know where to put/run it so that the program finds the tb_osx file that the patch is supposed to edit.

Wherever I place the patch I always get
Looking for tb_osx...

File does not exsist, please run this patch in your Toribash directory.

If anyone knows where to put the file or if the code needs to be edited to find the tb_osx file, please share.

tb_osx can be found by right clicking on the Toribash App> Show Package Contents> Contents> MacOS> tb_osx

If i can find it, why can't the program?

Anyway, good luck. I'm at a loss.
-----
I did a manual patch for Toribash 3.86, 3.72, and 3.66.

Here is the tutorial on how to patch the Old Mac versions.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=346393
Last edited by P0int; Apr 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Shop (Óc¸Ó ) PM me if you want to buy TC
is this going to be updated for linux? my mid-tier comp doesnt like toribash on WINE and since the only linux (debian anyway) available version is 3.5, i'm pretty much fucked

thanks devs
shmevin eats smegma
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
is this going to be updated for linux?

As I understand it, new Linux client will arrive after Toribash will be released on Steam with polished win and osx clients. Don't wait Linux client earlier than next 6 or more months.