Toribash
Original Post
Local Mod Applications
Over the next two or three weeks, I'll be taking applications for local moderator positions. If you apply for a position that's already covered, we may still consider your application, but we're more interested in areas that aren't already covered. This is mainly for people who are already involved in an area they would feel comfortable moderating.

You can apply for positions anywhere in the Toribash (support, mods, replays etc...) and General (gaming, music chat etc...) categories, with the exception of the news and events board which are generally looked after by the GMs and smods. If you send me an application for a staff position, it might just get muddled up with all the local mod apps, send them to the other groups. To avoid any confusion, I'm not taking applications for the new Russian forum. From what I see that's been taken care of already, and sir is the one to contact.

I wont be adding anyone for at least one week. For existing local mods or staff, feel free to PM me with recommendations. I wont be adding anyone who doesn't apply, though mention it in your application if you are returning back to a previous position.

For other staff reading this: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=434843

There are lots of boards. It is possible to get more than one position. If this is the case for you, you can do that in one application, you just need to talk about each board separately. If you do get in, it might not be all of the positions you wanted. On the other hand, if you make it ambiguous as to what position you want, I'm likely to ignore the application completely.

As usual, the primary requirement is to figure out the correct person to PM your application to (Fish). In case your application is good and I want to show it to other people, it is preferred that you name the position you're applying for in both the title and first sentence of the PM.

Applications for these positions never officially close. Preferably send in your application before the 15th. After two or three weeks I'll probably post a list of the new moderators. You'll be contacted if you're accepted. Feedback for anyone else will be limited, at best.
Just an update, I will probably start adding people soon. So if you haven't sent your application yet, try to do it in the next 12 hours. It's not a deadline, just the sooner the better.

Originally Posted by Tricerafi View Post
oh okay thanks for clearing me up.
Let me clarify every board has LMod except:
-news
-market
-clan
-organization

correct me if i am wrong

Yes, and also the events board.

Originally Posted by Vordred View Post
Not only clan mods, Jalis is also an lmod is the Organizations board.

Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Clan mods have got those boards covered. And Jalis is there because none of the admins care to remove him.

Jalis is supposed to be there. Though I think he's over it now.
Originally Posted by Kido View Post
i'm not sure to who i send a app Cmod,do i send it to a Cmod?

You need to be in the council to be eligible for clan mod.
New moderators:

Beginner Sanctuary: NutHug, Suck
Replays: Orko
Tutorials: WorldEater
Support: Fancy
Off Topic: EJM, Hero
Computer/Mobile Chat: Gorman

Still looking for a local moderator for art and mods.
Question does all art lmod application that has been sent all of it got rejected or not finished review it yet
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
A bit of both. For the art and mods board I plan to wait for a few more applications. Which could take a while. The applications I already have for those boards will probably be reviewed again after that.
what's the real point of being a moderator on a game server? Why even bother? The point of the position of moderator is to make sure that the players are having a good time, and to increase the quality and reputation of the game server
Thats is exactly why I want to be a gamemaster
eVo
Originally Posted by Mahulk17-0 View Post
what's the real point of being a moderator on a game server? Why even bother? The point of the position of moderator is to make sure that the players are having a good time, and to increase the quality and reputation of the game server
Thats is exactly why I want to be a gamemaster

Few succeed yet many fail.
Local moderators are members with powers in certain boards.
They can edit, delete, move, merge posts and threads within that board.

Local mods are displayed towards the bottom section of every forum.

For example

The moderators of Clan Discussion have power in every other board inside clan discussion. This applies for most other boards as far as I know.