Toribash
I thought they said they'd wait till the servers could handle more stress? or just wait
in general?
wow that
sucked
I wan't toribash to cost money imagine the benefits, only if it cost money!
---|[Vector]|---
13chillz | Slau | Overlord | Neko| Uncle
How about that weather?
o_0 market wasn't fixed, game still have exploits and very vulnerable, and i see no business plan whatsoever. the question is: why?

seriously.
green light is a great tool but to use it potential game must have changes. i would not mind to pay for tb, but ffs.. attempting to run a game with completely broken economy on such huge market isn't wise. not in that state. could atleast work around steam wallet and so on instead of wasting such opportunity to PR a game that would not bring any profit. not at this state atleast. heck the whole point of PR is to sell the product, not to give it away.

hamp, what the hell are you thinking?... this is the most stupid decision i ever seen. greenlight is cool, but half baked product without mechanism to make money is not. heeeck.. thats the first thing you should have thought about. give it a price tag around 5-10$ and you will get atleast some money, since you are too lazy to work around f2p model tweaking. meh.. just meh....
Last edited by snake; Jun 8, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
o_0 market wasn't fixed, game still have exploits and very vulnerable, and i see no business plan whatsoever. the question is: why?

seriously.
green light is a great tool but to use it potential game must have changes. i would not mind to pay for tb, but ffs.. attempting to run a game with completely broken economy on such huge market isn't wise. not in that state. could atleast work around steam wallet and so on instead of wasting such opportunity to PR a game that would not bring any profit. not at this state atleast. heck the whole point of PR is to sell the product, not to give it away.

hamp, what the hell are you thinking?... this is the most stupid decision i ever seen. greenlight is cool, but half baked product without mechanism to make money is not. heeeck.. thats the first thing you should have thought about. give it a price tag around 5-10$ and you will get atleast some money, since you are too lazy to work around f2p model tweaking. meh.. just meh....

Well shit... Have you seen Overgrowth?
Last edited by Daniel; Jun 8, 2013 at 05:48 AM.
---|[Vector]|---
13chillz | Slau | Overlord | Neko| Uncle
How about that weather?
Originally Posted by snake View Post

seriously.

What you are forgetting is that toribash has a huge learning curve that not everyone is prepared or even bothered to get around and fully understand/master.
It would be much better to let players get a feel for the game as opposed to slapping a price tag on to it and then have people rage because they bought it and don't enjoy it.
Essentially i see adding a price tag as a bad choice because it would make far less people even consider getting the game.
However, I do understand that if hampa has a greater supply of money he can afford to get more equipment aswell as a far better production team , but instead of thinking of the cash flow , we should focus on getting toribash's name out there.
I haven't come up with any ideas on how we could get a wider audience to consider/play toribash without making the game pay to play but i'm sure most of you guys have.
Also i've taken it into consideration and i do believe a few people actually would buy toribash because of the videos and such that promote the game , mainly because they look awesome,aswell as the added bonus of persons informing their friends about how great their Toribash experience might or might not have been for them , but then again, not everyone is going to put their money into toribash , at least not right away because you have to bare in mind that there are other more popular and wealthier franchises which would easily draw more attention away form toribash,a couple of the most popular being COD and Battlefield.
Last edited by Nigma; Jun 8, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Originally Posted by Bloodybell View Post
Well shit... Have you seen Overgrowth?

it have price tag. not a broken f2p model what makes it literally free.
try to read comments more careful next time. and read it entirely.
-----
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
What you are forgetting is that toribash has a huge learning curve that not everyone is prepared or even bothered to get around and fully understand/master the game.
It would be much better to let players get a feel for the game as opposed to slapping a price tag on to it and then have people rage because they bought it and don't enjoy it.
Essentially i see adding a price tag as a bad choice because it would make far less people even consider getting the game.
However, I do understand that if hampa has a greater supply of money he can afford to get more equipment aswell as a far better production team , but instead of thinking about the cash flow , we should focus on getting toribash's name out there.
I haven't come up with any ideas on how we could get a wider audience to consider/play toribash without making the game pay to play but i'm sure most of you guys have.
Also i've taken it into consideration and i do believe a few people actually would buy toribash because of the videos and such that promote the game , mainly because they look awesome , but not everyone is going to put their money into toribash , at least not right away because you have to bare in mind that there are other more popular and wealthier franchises which would easily draw more attention away form toribash,a couple of the most popular being COD and Battlefield.

fuck dude. price tag is normal practice. especially for indie game. thats legit and understandable. do you even understand whats going on?

i will tell you a secret. 10 customers are better then 100 people who didn't gave you a cent.

ffs thats just screaming insanity. no1 cares how many people will like it. the point is to make money. tb is niche game and it should stay niche, but saying that game should be free because not many people will like it is absurd. quite opposite, the more niche product is the more should be the price, thats how you cover your dev costs. holy cow, by your logic dark souls should be free too.

who even completed games they bought in indie packs? barely anyone, because price is cheap and people don't care.

mehhhhhh
Last edited by snake; Jun 8, 2013 at 06:02 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I understand you , but what if this just results in the deterioration of the community because most of them don't want to pay for toribash?
I get that hampa is trying to run a business, but Toribash isn't like any of the regular games , this game actually takes a while to get the hang of .
You may be able to pay for the game , but a lot of people who form this community probably can't , and if they could who's to say they even would?
All Toribash needs is a little exposure , and if that doesn't work , then perhaps putting a tag on it to raise money for better things may be in order , but i just don't see it happening.
Also hampa said he doesn't have any intentions to make it pay to play either.
After reading your posts it appears as though you're eager to spend money , does money burn holes into your pockets or something that you want to spend it so bad?
Last edited by Nigma; Jun 8, 2013 at 06:11 AM.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
I understand you , but what if this just results in the deterioration of the community because most of them don't want to pay for toribash?
I get that hampa is trying to run a business, but Toribash isn't like any of the regular games , this game actually takes a while to get the hang of .
You may be able to pay for the game , but a lot of people who form this community probably can't , and if they could who's to say they even would?
All Toribash needs is a little exposure , and if that doesn't work , then perhaps putting a tag on it to raise money for better things may be in order , but i just don't see it happening.
Also hampa said he doesn't have any intentions to make it pay to play either.
After reading your posts it appears as though you're eager to spend money , does money burn holes into your pockets or something that you want to spend it so bad?

people who aren't able / don't want to pay should never be a target market. thats common sense. if thats tl;dr - only customers are important and potential customers. but there is little to none reasoning to become a customer of tb. it's freaking free, because of broken f2p model and seems like hamp too lazy or too scared to loose worthless playerbase which don't even bring him money and change things around economy, so we get what we get.

you should try to get a job for a week or two may be, just to understand the reasoning.

and no, i as customer logicaly want to get everything for free, but i do understand that developer should earn money to make profit.

the whole deal of f2p is to find a balance on stuff that people are ready and willing to buy.