Toribash
Original Post
Epic81's First Sparring Mod
Hey this is very very simple i just got bored and decided to make a staff spar mod.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Attached Files
Epic81_Staff_Spar.tbm (1.1 KB, 20 views)
Yeah Boi is my favorite anime opening
There's nothing wrong with the mod per se, it's just really simple and by no means fresh. There's probably a dozen other staff spar mods out there already and some of them are better than yours.

The issues are small because it's obviously a simple mod but they are big enough that people would rather play more fine tuned staff mods.
Things to keep in mind for future mods:
The starting position of the staves is pretty awkward, I'd rather see it start in the hands of the players.
Personally I feel the staves are too thick. The seem to the around the diameter if the Tori's lower arm, around 7 CM irl. A staff that thick would be heavy :u
Thank you very much for the tips and criticism ill keep that in mind for future mods, and btw you are my favorite mod maker/sparrer
Gotta send you a replay of that
-----
For me its a little bit hard to use but its good
The replay is buggy,i dunno why..
It's a test,so its too short
Attached Files
#Testing_Epic81_Staff_Spar.rpl (105.2 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by Corredor; Jul 20, 2015 at 09:25 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Running away...
I love the replay thanks for testing it
-----
Jisse i have updated it to your liking. The bow is thinner, and the starting position is where there already holding the staff

Updataed

-----
fixed version up now
Attached Files
Epic81_Staff_Spar_Fixed.tbm (4.3 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by Epic81; Jul 21, 2015 at 12:55 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The "updated" version of your mod is a copy of staff300ed.tbm (albeit at 400 engagedistance). Even the staffs are the same colour, length and mass as that mod. Thus, at the very least, you should credit Skazz for the modifications that you have borrowed.

Either way, you have 48 hours (or else I'll have to close the thread) to make changes to your mod that make it more unique as there are already many sparring mods that use staffs in the mods section and uploader.
Last edited by Smilies2; Jul 21, 2015 at 01:02 AM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Ok here is a more edited version credit to skazz.
Attached Files
Epic81_Staff_Spar_Fixed.tbm (4.3 KB, 8 views)
One thing please change the gravity to -30 so it's more like a spar, I like the movement (I still don't like controlling 2 guys) and i made a replay.

~MrBeany
Attached Files
epics mod testing 1.rpl (71.9 KB, 7 views)
Last edited by MrBeany; Jul 21, 2015 at 08:17 AM.
Ok since you clearly haven't understood what Smilies and Jisse have been trying to tell you, I'll make this explicit:

What you are doing here is not modding. Modding is meant to bring something new into the game and allow you to do stuff you couldn't before.
There's nothing that can be done in your mod that isn't also possible in staff300ed. If you really don't have anyting new to add, just leave it be. And no just changing the staff's colour doesn't cut it.
So in other words this mod has no reason to exist.

Real modding takes time and effort and it's frankly insulting to anyone who actually puts any kind of effort in to their mods to try pass this off as a mod.

Next time try to come up with your own idea, actually learn the mechanics behind modding and spend over 2 mins on it.
If you can't do that, then just keep from posting on this board.

P.S. I checked the mod on notepad and noticed that the dm_threshold is set to 0 on all joints.
So to any modder who might be reading this: for god sake check the mod on notepad before you upload it. Just in case modmaker added anything you didn't intend.
Last edited by Obazu; Jul 21, 2015 at 01:39 PM.
[The Team]
<largekilla> You are going to give me cancer