ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[WIP] Realistic version of Judo
Hi hello,

So probably most of you guys already know that I'm fanatic when it comes about irl judo and I always wanted to make a toribash version of it. I'm creating this thread so you can tell me what is lacking and what is sucking so I could fix and add features.

Welp, the final version of this mod is supposed to have the following rules/settings:

- If you touch any part of you torso or head on the yellow dojo, you lose. If you touch your shoulder, elbow or butt on the floor (yellow dojo), your opponent will get points;
- If you touch any part of your body on the red dojo, except your feet, the match will draw;
- Tori and Uke won't get points unless they frac their opponent or make them touch shoulder, elbow or butt on the floor (yellow dojo).

I'm still working in the trigger parts so nothing about the listed above is done yet the listed above is still not completed. If you have suggestion on how to make them I'll be reading this thread.

So yes, I'm finally in the last stage of this mod. Whenever I feel it's done, I'll post the "original" version.

~EDIT:: Mod Release here: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=527376

How to play iver_judo::

WIP #01
- Added dojos;
- Game rules set;

WIP #02
- Can't fix the turnframes bug, other game rules are ok;
- Triggered DQs;
- Fixed dojos issue;

WIP #03
- Fixed turnframes issue;

WIP #04
- Added grabbing settings;
- Changed fracture threshold to 325;
- Changed fracture points;
- Triggered points; (not sure if it's working properly)

WIP #05
- bugs fixed;

WIP #06
- bugs fixed;
- managed to trigger points properly (thanks to deprav);

Last alterations:
- Red dojo function fixed;
- Thickness of the dojo changed;
- Game rules changed:
   - matchframes changed;
   - turnframes changed;
   - gravity changed;
   - height changed to fit with the thickness of the dojo;
Attached Files
iverjudowip03.tbm (12.4 KB, 12 views)
iverjudowip04.tbm (13.4 KB, 10 views)
iverjudowip05.tbm (16.5 KB, 7 views)
iverjudowip06.tbm (11.6 KB, 23 views)
Last edited by iver; Aug 19, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
It seems great until now, I was thinking about one thing like, make the legs imposible to grab, so just the arms and torso would be possible to grab, looking foward to play some matches at it with you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fixed. I just uploaded the new version.

edit: it seems it's bugged too. fuck.
Last edited by iver; Aug 17, 2015 at 12:51 AM.
A irl judo dojo is made of mats.

Their height is not really relevant tbh.

Also: I just figured out that I can't make some changes through mod maker so I'm doing the changes manually.
Thank you superseba.

I just released the version 06 of this WIP (check first post).

It only lacks the drawing function when you touch the red part. All the rest is already done. Once I set the drawing part the mod is done. \o/

Edit: I was playing with some guys now and got this nice replay. Yes, I lost, but it was a nice match. :v
Attached Files
08001.rpl (145.5 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by iver; Aug 17, 2015 at 07:49 PM.
You should add a higher gravity than aikido has so insane flying suplexes aren't possible. Something like -45.0 would be cool
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
this is looking really nice cant wait to try the final verison
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.