Ranking
Original Post
Comebacks
Ok guys, don't laugh at me, but I am having TONS of trouble in wushu with this. After i do a move i just FLY away, I feel like I am running and i don't want to win that way. I want to be able to stop my self from flying and also want to know how to come to people that are away in the wushu mod. I can give you tc if you wanna join a server and show me how to comeback personally, but It would also be nice if someone did a replay/text lesson? Thx guys!

Edit: Im sorry if this may be in the wrong thread but i couldnt find the game thread so i thought this would be the next best place. Just move the thread if I made it in the wrong area. Thx
Last edited by G4rules19; Aug 1, 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: ssgsslksdgkhds;kh
Belt: 7th dan
I put the sexy in dyslexia
I <3 Nano
New leader of the reborn Nano! PM me if you are blackbelt+ and I can test you to see if you are good enough to join!
Step 1: Stop your flight asap. Kill momentum any way you can. Avoid going up in the air at all costs.

Step 2: Line up for the kill. Give yourself a contracted knee or ankle, and use the camera to make sure you are pointed at the other guy. This comes with practice.

Step 3: Fiiiireee!!! You may need to adjust the angle of your comeback when you "launch". Try and keep your angle to the ground shallow. i.e If you're gonna fly towards the guy, stay close to the ground. It'll give you more control, among other things.

Step 4: Remember that you have to still fight the guy when you comeback. Try not to go headfirst into him. Go with speed, feet first when in doubt.

Ofc you can cut out a few steps if you are good at redirecting your momentum, but htis is rarely easy to pull off, and maybe impossible sometimes ;p

Good to see you want to play *real* wushu =D Upload any replays where you fuck up the comeback and i'll be happy to explain how to "fix" them on a case by case basis =D
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=103078

If I remember correctly this guide was quite good.
I suggest reading odlovs wushu manual, too.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=82609

It's always harder than it sounds but that's how it's done.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Also if your already flying away because of something (other player pushed you away, etc) you can do various of things.

I personally relax all in the air, because that slows down your speed and you might end up in the floor quickly.
Then there are some basic steps what you need for a comback: a contracted ankle, a contracted knee, contracted writs/elbow, etc.
That basically depends on how you land. Try not to land on your back, or if you do then make sure your opponent in ahead of you, since then you can only use your legs.

Patience is also an important thing. You dont rush the comebacks. If you see that you need more frames then you got, you can jump but thats not exact, wait for it because hat will be better.
Always try to get the best pose you can, and then launch at the enemy. Rest assured.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Meh, thx guys, I got much more help than i expected. Maybe someone could create a server with me and i can just practice?
Also the Relax all thing is very useful, it helps me with the flying bit.
Last edited by G4rules19; Aug 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: adsge
I <3 Nano
New leader of the reborn Nano! PM me if you are blackbelt+ and I can test you to see if you are good enough to join!
Oh - I forgot to add - Use a lot of improv on openers. It gets you really good at understanding how to create momentum under time pressure.

And remember that sometimes that comeback just aint happening =) There are situations where there's sweet FA you can do to get back to the other guy. 100turnframes left and miles away. But that doesn't mean you can't try, lol. It's all practice.

Come chill in wushu with us RA guys. The HUNG and Alpha nubs are friendly too, and you'll get some good practice playing with the wushu orientated clans =)
Hey, i got mah first comeback today, comment on it, say what i did and didnt do, rate, and know that your the reason i could do it! Ty guys but dont close this thread yet, i still want moar advice :>.
Unfortunately in the replay he jumped over me right as i was coming for him, but its an improvement lawl
Attached Files
0 COMEBACK YES!!!.rpl (68.6 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by G4rules19; Aug 2, 2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: dfsdf
I <3 Nano