Ranking
ObnBot: what does what do? installing new BIOS or going into advanced boot options?
This conversation has rendered me completely confused.
A last resort would be to rip apart the computer and install a new keyboard manually, but that would be crazy in many peoples eyes.
What about reinstalling windows?
Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
the USB keyboard should respond on start up to allow advanced boot, have you tried this?

I already said, I don't have a USB keyboard. Also, I've managed to get to the advanced boot menu, but it didn't work unfortunately.

Originally Posted by galilsnap View Post
This conversation has rendered me completely confused.
A last resort would be to rip apart the computer and install a new keyboard manually, but that would be crazy in many peoples eyes.
What about reinstalling windows?

I could try that. I just need to buy windows 7, considering it came with the computer, meaning no disks or CD codes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'

Originally Posted by Cretor View Post
I could try that. I just need to buy windows 7, considering it came with the computer, meaning no disks or CD codes.

You have 3 options to do that:

1 - Go to a computer store and ask them to do it for you: make sure you mention that you want to keep all your files. Cons: you'll have to pay for that service.

2 - Ask your friend for a copy of a Windows 7 DVD (needs to be the same version as yours) and do the repair yourself or ask his help if you don't know how to.

3 - Download a copy of a Windows 7 DVD (needs to be the same version as yours) from a torrent and do the repair yourself.
Since you have a valid license, it shouldn't be illegal. Its Microsoft's fault anyway since they don't provide you with the DVD.

My desire is that one day all the computers will be sold without the operative system (so you can buy it separately).
Such a methodology has many advantages, specially on laptops (and now pre-built desktops too). Here are some of those advantages:

- No more obligatory "Microsoft tax".
- Option to freely pick alternative operative systems once you're not forced to get the Windows, because there will be no regrets on leaving behind a already paid windows operative system.
- It would be much more "democratic" and would defeat one of Microsoft's most abusive and monopolistic tactics.
- You would be able to use old windows licenses on newer machines without the need to buy another one.
- In the end, even if you pick windows, you would get the proper DVD.

And many more. But well... Microsoft does whatever the fuck it wants with all these puppets in the industry (consumers included), unfortunately for us...
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jul 10, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
im a bit confused, how are you managing to type, nother comp, if so, just use that keyboard on the other computer
Originally Posted by bobross101 View Post
im a bit confused, how are you managing to type, nother comp, if so, just use that keyboard on the other computer

I'm tired of explaining this over and over. It's my laptop that has the problem. I'm on my desktop. I cannot use this keyboard on my laptop because it is not USB. I will not buy a USB keyboard. If you had read my posts, you would have known all this.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. I reverted my computer's system to a week ago, and things seem to be working fine. Please close this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vibacious - - Get vibin'