Ranking
Original Post
CS:GO Map load crash
Okay so, I tried this thread in rapid threads and to no avail I received no help.

when I load up csgo its fine, but when im joining a match upon entry my whole computer crashes.

Now, I know this cant be a hardware issue. my friend can run his at 7fps with a much worse computer. I got it to run one time at around 20-30 fps, completely playable.

I have an integrated graphics card. here is the settings for the 3D portion.

The "enable software processing" option under the Vertex processing tab changes depending on the game. For example, on RoboCraft the shaders will completely mess up with it set to "enable software processing", however, if "enable software processing" is on, hitman absolution displays HUD and other overlays (menu screens, certain textures etc.)
I wouldn't rule out hardware issues completely just because you've "ran it once at 30fps" and because your friend can run it with a worse rig. Couldn't tell you much without knowing more about your system and what type of crash you have. You're probably better off posting a support ticket to Steam or going to a CS:GO forum given that they're going to likely have helped people with similar issues as to what you're having.
collect snots from the nose
I've had a few friends with a similar issue, and the only solution that they've given me is to re-install CS:GO. It hasn't worked for all of them though.

After looking through google it seems that it's a very prevalent problem with tons of different solutions that don't work for everyone.

Some solutions I've found:

Originally Posted by Some reddit post
You need to set your resolution to a different one everytime you launch the game. I have this problem for about 2 months and this is the only way I could find that works. I also tried deleting the video.txt file but the problem always comes back..

Originally Posted by Some obscure PC help website
This has been happening to a lot of people recently, its a problem from the recent update.

Try typing this in console:

" cl_disablehtmlmotd 1 "

that has seemed to work for a few.

If that doesn't I would recommend reinstalling the game.

Originally Posted by Some Steam thread from a year and a half ago
Ok guys, i think i fixed it. I don't know if it works for everyone but give it a try regardless.

Go on your Counter Strike Global Offensive folder and go to the cfg folder(specifically: CProgram Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg) and search for the video.txt file.

When there search for a "settings.mem_level" thingie. On it's right should be a number, try setting it to 0. It stopped all the crashes between map loads and skin related bugs.

Hope it helps

If none of those work, try searching through google some more.
Originally Posted by NotShadow View Post

If none of those work, try searching through google some more.

I did all those and none of it worked. ill keep googling. this damn game was so fun.