Ranking
Original Post
Should Marijuana Be A Medical Option?
In 1970, the US Congress placed marijuana in Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act because they considered it to have "no accepted medical use." Since then, 25 of 50 US states and DC have legalized the medical use of marijuana.

Idea taken from procon.org , wanted to know what you folks thought about whether Marijuana should be used in Medical practice. My opinion : Marijuana isn't safe enough to me used commonly in medical practice. It's an addictive drug, and could possibly leave the recipient craving the drug, even after treatment was finished. It can also cause problems with fertility, as well as injure the lungs, immune system, and nervous system.

What are your thoughts?
It's not addictive. The persons personality is what makes it addictive. That craving isn't the drug itself, but you, yourself and your personality craving it. Medicinal Marijuana is used after and during Chemo Therapy, to reduce pain, increase appetite and to help with sleep or other problems like joint pain, dry eyes, recover from anorexia, and the list just goes on. I'd rather smoke something to help with these problems then to take more chemicals that sometimes have messed up sideeffects, like Peeing Blood, or extreme diarrhea or both, or pills that you take that put you to sleep, but you have to take those in the after noon like at 12 so that's retarded.

If you injure your lungs that would be your lungs were prone to injury in the first place and you shouldn't have been smoking anyways. Your Immune System? Really? Just eat Healthier, like that's not even a problem. Nervous System? I guess, If you're already slow minded, the marijuana will slow you down even more.

I've been smoking a gram nearly everyday for the past 10 years with small month breaks. Never experienced any of those symptoms. I have craved for weed a few times, but you know why? I was doing absolutely nothing and there is nothing better to kill that boredom with than weed or beer.

I think Weed is safer that Tylonal or Aspirin. Try taking 5 tabs of either of those you'll end up in the ER probably. Smoke 5 grams? Damn you'd be soo baked and maybe green out.
Last edited by T0ribush; Oct 21, 2016 at 08:02 AM.
For fucks sake, I had a whole paragraph typed and shit and my phone deleted it all. Let's go again but with less words.

Medical Marijuana has been proven to help those with medical issues, works better than medicine prescriptions. It will stay illegal in most states in the US for the fact that it would destroy pharmaceutical companies that make pain killers, anti depressants, etc.

I believe it should be legal all over, but it won't be for the sake that the government wants money. While at the same time brainwashing bible thumpers to protest against it so they don't have to. It's a load of hogwash, to be honest.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by eReckt View Post
It's an addictive drug, and could possibly leave the recipient craving the drug, even after treatment was finished.

as most prescript drugs do?

Originally Posted by eReckt View Post
It can also cause problems with fertility, as well as injure the lungs, immune system, and nervous system.

have you checked the possible side effects of any prescript drug?
here are some side effects:

ringing in your ears, confusion, hallucinations, rapid breathing, seizure (convulsions);
severe nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
fever lasting longer than 3 days;

can you guess what dangerous drug they are from?
In this thread:
People with zero medical background discuss the medical implications of a herb.

I'd understand the discussion about recretional marijuana being leagalized, but not a god damn discussion about it's medical use.
None of us here has a fucking clue of what they are talking about when it comes to the medical implications.
So please elucidate the community about the medical implications, Cowmeat.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
None of us here has a fucking clue of what they are talking about when it comes to the medical implications.

I'm including myself in us.
How on earth could I have any tangible knowledge about the medicinal effects of marijuana on the human body.
And this goes for everyone else here as well. You can read up on this topic online for sure. Studies are piling on top of each other regarding this topic.
But to expect fruitful conversation regarding the medical factors is kinda dumb.
But hey, go ahead.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 21, 2016 at 03:30 PM.
That's a good point.

I expect the fruitfulness of this discussion will stem from medical myths about marijuana being debunked... Discussions about what the facts actually are - Determining exactly what the objective truth here is (as far as that's possible).

edit: To help with this, I'm going to mandate that any further claims made about the medical effects of marijuana must come accompanied with a source/reference.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 21, 2016 at 03:37 PM.
There's no problem with using it, if it was well studied and tested enough. But it isn't.

It needs to be properly studied and regulated like any other drug.
If you have minions in your avy or sig DO NOT REPLY TO MY POSTS
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
There's no problem with using it, if it was well studied and tested enough. But it isn't.

It needs to be properly studied and regulated like any other drug.

https://scholar.google.fi/scholar?q=...L3AA4QgQMIITAA

A massive amount of studies have been done regarding various areas related to marijuana. All of the above (240 thousand studies related to marijuana) can be found by just one google search. Not going into the conclusions of the studies because I seriously can't be arsed reading scientific studies about a topic I'm not super interested in. But to say it's not studied is simply not true.
Marijuana is actually one of the more studied drugs just because of it's controversial status.

Just for reference, there are 11 thousand studies related to adderall on google scholar compared to the 240 thousand relating to marijuana. Granted not all of the 240 thousand studies related to marijuana are medical studies, but still a massively more studied drug. Not to even mention less known drugs in medical use.

So yeah, what you're saying is simply wrong.
Last edited by cowmeat; Oct 22, 2016 at 03:14 PM.