Ranking
Just making a point. No hard feelings bro.

Here we go, my report on uniforms.

There has long been the controversial issue of whether school uniforms should be obligatory for student usage during school time. Some parents and student believe that it is a obstruction of freedom and they would be burdened by the exertion caused through the purchase and maintaining the uniforms economically. However, school uniforms do provide a well more favorable cause if they were made mandatory. These benefits include the elimination of social barriers, the statistical improve of school grades and graduation rates and simplicity and economical benefits for those who don’t have a powerful economical backbone.
School uniforms passively prohibit the formation of gangs and detrimental cliques. Without the uniforms, students in poorer public schools may made fun of because of their in-expensive clothing and accessories. 60% of gangs formed in high school are violent and armed, making those who don’t belong vulnerable to perhaps even life threatening situations due to clothing choices. Moreover, there is a significant economical barrier with the rich and poor in most US public high schools. Students who have a more fiscally secure family tend to have the higher ground with social positioning when compared to those who have a more economical life. However this case might be inverted if a rich family comes to a poorer town. To eliminate all these social impediments is as straightforward as making uniforms mandatory for schools.
Statistically, uniforms increase graduation rates and school grades. Instead of worrying about fashion, the students would put their minds onto work when in school. This greatly boosts student’s concentration periods and studies have even shown uniforms to increase graduation rates by 16%. Moreover, it is beneficial for students to wear uniforms in school periods because more energy is directed towards the refinement of inner qualities rather than superficial external elements such as what others are wearing.
What some low-income families worry about uniforms are the fees involved. However, uniform usage actually reduces the need to pay for the clothes that students require to adapt to changing trends at school. Families would only need to pay a one time fee for the physical uniforms and money to maintain it. Some schools now are even pressured by the government to issue financial aid to those who genuinely cannot afford school uniforms. Another aspect that benefits the family is the elimination of morning hassles. Students know what they are going to wear the night before and can easily change into them.
It is understandable that parents and families have complaints for uniforms. One of the biggest complaints about school uniforms is its denial to student’s way of expression. Some parents and students believe that the very nature of human existence elucidates that everyone is equal and has a choice to express their emotions and thoughts. I, as a teenager, can comprehend to this issue well and say that indeed uniforms restrict some liberty of choice. However, the paybacks of uniforms, which has manifested itself very clearly, supersedes the nugatory freedom of clothing, which often does not denote much to the anyone. I’m sure that parents would agree that the child’s future would always be prioritized in front of a minor portion of the immense amount of freedom that everyone has.
And in conclusion, even though uniforms do have their drawbacks, the elimination of social barriers, the statistical improve of school grades and simplicity will outweigh the cons. And because of this, schools should propose uniform clothing codes to all of the student body.

Sincerely yours,
Philip
A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. Fred Allen
I have come to the realization that I would be a horrible horrible English teacher/professor. I actually graded this paper an F in my mind after just reading the first paragraph, not taking into account what grade level this paper was actually for.

Just being curious here, but what grade are you in? ._.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Well aren't you a bit harsh. I just got the grades back and I got a A for the paper. Perhaps you would like to explain why it would be an F for you?
A celebrity is a person who works hard all his life to become well known, then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. Fred Allen
I would give it a A-. Very minor problems. One, the format looks very messy. I am not sure if this was caused by copying and pasting, but its minor. Another problem is that you overuse transition phrases. For example, "in conclusion" Try to mix up these sort of things. I am only in 8th grade however ._.
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
I guess my reasoning for giving you an F was because I was comparing the quality of your essay to the quality of text that I would find in a textbook or newspaper article. My biggest gripe is that a lot of your sentences can be reworded for better clarity.

I don't know if you wanna take my advice but I'll just post it.

Try not to use the same (<-lol) word in the same (<-lol) sentence twice. Like "economical" in the last sentence of your first paragraph.
If you're using Microsoft Word, Shitft + F7 (thesaurus) is your friend. "economical" can be replaced with "financial"

When writing a sentence, try to get your point across in as few words as possible.
You didn't really seem to have a problem with this, however some of your sentences felt stretched out just for the sake of being longer.

"However, school uniforms do provide a well more favorable cause if they were made mandatory."
"However, school uniforms can provide benefits if they were made mandatory.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Cool stuff. I'm actually in my freshmen year of high school, so the caliber of my writing compared to professional journalism obviously has a little difference haha.
Paul Bunyon
Johnny Appleseed
Huck Finn

Oh wait I don't need to do anything more because this is plagiarized!!!!

Search for "Walt Whitman"

Forgive me if I don't understand the point to this thread. But, seeing as how it's plagiarized I'd give you an F-
<Swyne> <3 Fleip
<3 SWYIE
seeing as the guy got awful c&c, is this like a double whammy?
-----
why was this closed? this is the fun part
Last edited by sid; May 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
This is so good!
And by good, I mean horrible. All I see is someone who hates chinese people, goth people, and first grade grammar. And goth chinese grammar students in the first grade.
Never be a writer. Just don't. I don't want the apocalypse to happen that soon.
Also,
Originally Posted by floop78 View Post
Paul Bunyon
Johnny Appleseed
Huck Finn

Oh wait I don't need to do anything more because this is plagiarized!!!!

Search for "Walt Whitman"

Forgive me if I don't understand the point to this thread. But, seeing as how it's plagiarized I'd give you an F-

I knew this was all familiar.
Mhm.