Ranking
Original Post
PC specs and like bottlenecking and things
Bought and installed Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 and running them on lowest settings, battlefield atleast still looks impressive, but CoD, on these settings, looks like something Id have played 10 years ago.

I know my gfx isnt really strong enough (even though its less than a year and a half old...) but is there anything else that i need to be concerned about?
befor i go replace some random part, hoping that it magically improves performance.

Currently running:
gfx: Nvidia geforce 550ti
cpu: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHZ Quad Core
Motherboard: MSI AMD A85XA-G65 Socket FM2
psu: Gigabyte Powerrock AX 600W
ram: 8gb ddr3 1333
HDD1: Western Digital 640GB SATA 3Gb/s 64 MB Cache
HDD2: Western Digital 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64 MB Cache

So like, suggestions for new parts and reasons and stuff.
was thinking about getting an AMD 7850
http://www.takealot.com/computers/co...d-2gb,12802561

the stats totally trump my current card
http://www.hwcompare.com/12048/gefor...adeon-hd-7850/

Would it be worth it? would i see the desired improvements with just upgrading my card?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Turn off any filtering or anything working on the display matrix. Stuff like AA, DoF, etc, they use up a lot more resources than they are worth.

I personally think your system is fine, and I know the 550 is the minimum sys req for ghosts, but it should be fine. These games are made to run on consoles, and consoles are far less powerful than the 550ti. From the memory requirements of ghosts I'm guessing they just have fuck huge meshes and textures, so I would suggest more RAM, no virtual memory, and an SSD.

Check out some benchmarks, but I find it hard to believe that the 550ti is choking on ghosts. I've heard the "recommended" gpu is a 780, which is a flagship model. So I'm pretty sure they are just shilling for Nvidia.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
i thought the rest of my system was fine aswell, checked comparisons and the rest ranks up with the recommended specs.
after playing Ghosts, that recommended card is no joke, really, really hideous game to play on min specs.

more ram might be a good idea, got 4x2gb sticks though, so Im out of slots, would need to replace those with 2x8gb or something.
convinced myself that a new card is needed, hopefully forking out the money for a 7850 will be worth it. will wait untill a new set of drivers is released though.
You have a great amount of RAM and the processor may be ageing a bit, but it should last for another year or so, so it's just your graphics card that needs an upgrade. Depending on how much size you have in your case, I'd recommend getting a 7870 or a 7850 if your budget can handle it. Apparently the 7870 can run Ghosts on full settings, but I'm assuming it's been overclocked a bit. Even if you don't choose to overclock, you're still getting one hell of a card.
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
Yeah, just bought a 7850
lets see if this works
I got a 7850 too! MSI Power Edition, which brand was yours?
| old boi | Cyri | Xioi | Chill | SparChar | Fatman | JackMorris |
"Go back in time and get it tomorrow" - Jack
this one
http://www.takealot.com/computers/co...d-2gb,12802561

the joys of being to play with antialising on again, such smooth, so fps