Toribash
a pro could, but he wouldnt, because its silly, the point of layers is so you can go back and make changes without screwing up the rest
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
A pro would use a layer for each main part, with additional layers for some of the shadows and effects I think. But I don't think every shadow needs it's own layer. Makes it too hard to handle everything. Just. 1 layer is hard too, since shading done to egdes of objects can easily bleed over to others.

My last couple heads never passed 20 actual layers. (had some extra for scratched ideas and stuff) and those heads had far more different objects.

Plus, you can put more than one element in a layer as long as they are similar. Or like if they don't touch. Works out for me pretty well and reduces time spent clicking through each layer to figure out where I drew what.

I really hope prices rise with the 512 textures. They are 16x more pixels to draw. This doesn't matter for more vector styled textures, but for those of us who draw it by hand, it can easily be more than 4x the work vs 128.

This was 512 right? I mean, if you don't make more by making 512, might as well work in 128. :/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Dj you're right about the shading.
But i use the smudge tool to make the blend one into the other.
I actually find it disturbing to work in more than 10 layers max.
of course the with the new 512x512 texture items i should use more layers.
Originally Posted by Ghiita View Post
well i mostly do all my work in 1 layer......
so i'm silly T_T

Same here bro :P but I'm starting to use a layer for a design :v
Big ears are big
Low ears are low
etc

Cool head no doubt, but to me the shading on metal is just a meh :/

And the flat looks messy anyways. Top will get distorted etc.

totally not your best head
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures