Ranking
Original Post
[REL] My sumo mod
Sumore_xyz.tbm. It's a no-grab mod based on my earlier borba3 mod, but nevertheless very different. There's no damage or points; the only way to win is to dq your opponent. Only feet and ankles don't dq, everything else does, including hands. I changed the range of motion of certain joints to be more realistic (shoulders, pecs, hips) and also reduced the strength of shoulders and pecs to make lifts more difficult to pull off. Engage distance is pretty high now to allow players to generate momentum with which to slam into their opponent. Also features elongated hands seen in borba3; these help hook onto opponent's limbs and make it easier to manipulate their bodies.
Attached Files
sumore_xyz.tbm (10.1 KB, 12 views)
Last edited by Odlov; Oct 1, 2015 at 08:49 PM.
You can increase the dojo size, but the idea is cool.
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
Thanks. Small dojo is meant to help reduce the likelihood of draws and to discourage players from crabbing. Since there's no damage, the threat of DQ needs to be big to compensate. It is pretty extreme as far as dojo sizes go though, for sure.
Hi, I played your old mod with you, if you recall... I may have been called Neko still at that point.

My main critism is that Sumo rings tend to be very large in comparison to the fighters

A federation Sumo ring is 4.55 meters in comparison

I don't know how yours compares in number so sorry if it's a similar size
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
lol, just saw that thread. I was actually trying to make some kind of sumo mod today as well, I made it with a lighter gravity (-27.00), and tf goes 5*30,5*40,5*50 and dojo is 300 (gravity is lighter).

I'll give yours a try

@Meow, I don't think the appelation "sumo" means it has to be somewhat realistic with the proportion of the dojo and all, just like aikido.tbm has nothing to do with real life aikido. It's the principle of the mod that makes it "sumo", trying to push the other guy out or dq him.
Since quite a few people thought the dojo was too small, I made a version with a bigger one (sumore2). The downside of a bigger dojo is that it makes the use of "cheap" and unsightly tactics like crabbing easier.
We played it yesterday, and it's pretty dope ! Someone put it on the official modlist nao
Originally Posted by Immute View Post
We played it yesterday, and it's pretty dope ! Someone put it on the official modlist nao

^^