Toribash
Original Post
How to score a hit!: "The Do's and Don'ts"
This tutorial is meant to inform beginners on how to go about ripping your opponent apart. Please feel free to suggest anything that you would like for me to add to this tutorial and also suggest it to friends and comment if you found it helpful. Thanks.

First, lets go over what parts of the body are most ideal for scoring points and breaking joints (hey that rhymed!). Read over the text in the following picture and observe the tori included in it.
This is not included in the picture, but I would like to say that the Chest and Lumbar are extremely useful joints when trying to gain maximum speed in order to strike your opponent. Experiment using them and also using different combinations of Contracting and Extending the Hips, Pecs, and Glutes and see how fast you can get one of your feet or hands to go.

Now you should have a better understanding of what parts of the body to use in order to score a good hit, but where exactly should you hit?? This question can be easily answered by the following "Do's and Don'ts".

As you can see in the picture above, Uke looks like he's about to experience a world of pain, right? That is because I am kicking directly under the head. If you try and kick the top of the head or the side of the head, it is unlikely that you will dismember Uke's neck joint. But if you strike the neck joint directly, you are almost guaranteed that Ukes head will go soaring! Practice kicking and punching directly under Uke's head and see how far you can get his head to fly!

The two pictures above demonstrate very well my next point: You must hit a joint directly for an easy DM. Now, the doesn't mean that if you hit ukes arm and miss the joint that his arm absolutely will not come off, it just means that you're odds of dismembering that arm have lowered, versus hitting a joint directly, which, in that case, would raise the odds of dismembering that joint.
And, in the case of the torso, you also have a higher chance of dismembering a joint if you hit in between joints. Doing so pries the joints apart, causing them to dismember, much like a crowbar prying off the top cover of a wooden crate.

The above picture further proves my point that I made in the above paragraph. If you are aiming to dismember a central joint (not a very easy thing to do by the way) you must hit the joint directly.

Thank you for taking the time to read over my tutorial. As I stated before, please post a comment with helpful tips as to how I might improve this tutorial, or if this tutorial helped you in any way.
Also, I would like to point you to another tutorial that should be viewed if you are looking to learn more about dismemberments. Here is the link: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=189848.
Last edited by superkake; May 25, 2010 at 06:56 AM.
GREAT TUTORIAL I GUNNA TEST THIS INGAME NOW!!

Rep it works
Last edited by Fardar; May 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM.
Best clan ever VOID
Click here for a no-qi void force
A lot of people already know this but it's helpful to a lot of people (to me also even if i know about it)

+rep
oi m8 i rekt ur mum last nite
u didnt include much detail all u included were where to hit uke and what to hit him with. u could have talked a bit about grabbing, relax/hold and some other stuff. not repping yet
[Pure], wanna join?
Originally Posted by weed33 View Post
u didnt include much detail all u included were where to hit uke and what to hit him with.

The name of the guide is how to score a hit, I would have to think thats all that is covered.

Yeah though, nice guide, plus rep.
oh yeah
i guess you already covered this but i just wanted to say that if you have an opener that grabs or just contracts with your elbow and/or wrist. if you suddenly change the chest rotation to the direction you extend ur elbow and/or wrist and extend pecs it can hit it with a large mount of force and is likely to disember.

+rep