Ranking
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Sorry Clbck, i musnt have see ur question earlier. In this supposed Anarchyville it would function much the same as commercial society. the people will watch the watchmen, and the people will be watched by the other people. In essence everyone prevents everyone else from getting out of line and trying to take over (if thats what your getting at).

Ill give you a smaller example, a small anecdote if you will; 10 people on a desert island, one of them has a knife and is designated to protect them from wild animals. 3 of the others are gatherers, 3 hunters and 2 builders. The protector decides one day that he has the knife so he should be in charge, and so he threatens the others and says he will kill them if they dont follow his orders. And so they feed him poison and he dies, or the zerg rush him and he dies, or they just refuse to follow his orders. Assuming that he isnt mentally derranged he will realise that by controlling them unwillingly he will encite their anger, and so they will retaliate, and he cant watch them all at the same time, and also that he doesnt have a chance if they decide to zerghim, and also that by killing them all he gains nothing, and loses almost all chance of survival. Obviously this is only a small example, but i think you can imagine the kind of effects i refer to on a larger scale. That is, assassination, rebelion, and refusal.

Precisely.

"There is a growing feeling, a large public conciousness that believes in the world as one organism. And they have realised that an organism at war with itself is doomed."
I'd like to see Hulk get so pissed that he exits his physical body.
Instead of being powered by psychic energy or whatever, he's powered by ARRRGH FUCK YOU
Junt dont post like that, its just spam and immature. I accept your opinion, and i did put that last sentence in my previous post specially for you, which you appear to have ignored. Oh well, you just posted something that has already been rebutted =(

"There is a growing feeling, a large public conciousness that believes in the world as one organism. And they have realised that an organism at war with itself is doomed." <- great quote, thanks for sharing =D

Unfortunatley the whole concept of Anarchy wont work on a large scale in our time, as it is not accepted, and will not be for a long time, if at all. Although everyone agrees that the structure is flawed and fails, they all agree it is nessecary. It would be a big overhaul to change it, and as fun as it is the theorycraft, it wont happen, at least not in our life times.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
So we've concluded that anarchism will not work. This thread is officially done.
resolved? resolved....

Oh right. Now we need Mister616's view of the matter

OR... not
Originally Posted by Mister616 View Post
Religion has no place in an anarchy. It is quite simply irrelevant. As is race.

A I read through this thread thi quote caught me as interesting...

what are you gonna do to make race irrelevant... Paint everyone Grey?
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Originally Posted by Slith View Post
what are you gonna do to make race irrelevant... Paint everyone Grey?

Are you joking?
Originally Posted by avwave View Post
Oh right. Now we need Mister616's view of the matter

or Not

Mister616's view on the matter is largely useless, as he has the magical ability to read our arguments, and wave at them as they pass by into the depths of his "what-I-will-always-believe-to-be-nonsense-by-my-permanent-principals"-bucket. Sadly, these people are the trunk of every persistent, serious forum discussion.

So yes, we might say we have come to a conclusion that anarchy won't work due to a number of social and humanitary reasons, and no, we won't be able to convince Mister616 because,
1: He's a particularly humongous troll, willingly or not.
2: He has blind faith in a political issue.

Basically there will always be hate, and social rejects, because the human race is designed to keep its own numbers at bay by becoming increasingly hostile in accordance to the number of limited-edition perks the environment throws at them. Anarchy won't work for this reason in particular, the human race are not successfully evolved from their animalistic predecessors yet. There's still the urge to be the Alpha Male, still the hunger to stand out from the crowd as great and mighty. And when you add "humane" emotions to the mix, such as envy, grief, prejudice, revenge and rage, anarchy just becomes an...unachievable utopia of sorts.