Toribash
no, i meant firing with one sniper, switching to another, firing with that one and then switching to the other one and getting the kill, feels so smooth imo
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
no, i meant firing with one sniper, switching to another, firing with that one and then switching to the other one and getting the kill, feels so smooth imo

meh, that tactic is for people who can’t get headshots ;))

but the most I’d be able to carry is 1 scoped weapon - gotta carry an SG, AR and two meds as well in my loadout at all times
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
meh, that tactic is for people who can’t get headshots ;))

but the most I’d be able to carry is 1 scoped weapon - gotta carry an SG, AR and two meds as well in my loadout at all times

swaves and i were talking about the sniper mode
Speaking of the sniper mode, would anyone mind sharing their opinions regarding the most effective techniques / strategies in that mode for solo play?
don't stay in the open, if you have to build a quick base to snipe someone then do it. just jumping in the open with the other guy isn't going to solve anything, and for all you know as soon as you snipe that guy you're gonna get sniped from a passerby
It feels as though once you build a base you basically paint a big red bulleye on your back and you have people rushing it & dropping in the top and attemping to chop it down from underneath it, how do you overcome this problem?

I also feel that I'm always low on materials at the very end of the game even if I start off with 999 wood at the beginning, how would you recommend one stays stocked up on materials during the during the endgame?
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
I also feel that I'm always low on materials at the very end of the game even if I start off with 999 wood at the beginning, how would you recommend one stays stocked up on materials during the during the endgame?

try not to build bases in the early stages of the game. after landing, I'd loot out a place and leave with about 600 wood. I stay on the move nearly all the time and I don't build a base when more than 20 people are left unless I'm getting shot at. if you are gonna build bases before top 20, make them very basic in order to conserve materials. you're gonna need a crap ton of wood ready for build-offs when it's top 10.

also don't forget to take players' materials once killing them - it can get you maxed out real fast.

Edit: P.S. remember that wooden palettes are the key to getting wood - they give you about 10-15 wood per swing, where as a tree gives you like 4-8. palettes can be found mainly inside buildings (places such as tilted, flush, etc.) meaning you don't need to go outside for farming wood, which is good as there's a lower chance of being spotted by other players.
Last edited by Blur; Apr 2, 2018 at 02:29 PM.
In solo sniper mode, if you're in a close gun fight with someone, build a wall before they shoot, then it'll usually break, get your shot off and then build a wall. Make sure you limit the amount of times they can hit you. Also don't jump, everyone jumps, wait until they land to take your most accurate shot, and other then that, i'd take a sniper, two hr, or a HR and crossbow, those are good for no scopes. Hope it helps brother!
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
It feels as though once you build a base you basically paint a big red bulleye on your back and you have people rushing it & dropping in the top and attemping to chop it down from underneath it, how do you overcome this problem?

everyone else will be building bases at top 10 point of the game, so it's just one more target for the people on the ground, but just look around or if you're really getting scared just move somewhere and build another one. i also recommend to build a bigger base when you're done building it, as in adding floors to it and pyramids, a lot of pyramids (you can use them as ramps except they conserve more space than just adding a floor and a ramp)
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
try not to build bases in the early stages of the game. after landing, I'd loot out a place and leave with about 600 wood. I stay on the move nearly all the time and I don't build a base when more than 20 people are left unless I'm getting shot at. if you are gonna build bases before top 20, make them very basic in order to conserve materials. you're gonna need a crap ton of wood ready for build-offs when it's top 10.

also don't forget to take players' materials once killing them - it can get you maxed out real fast.

Edit: P.S. remember that wooden palettes are the key to getting wood - they give you about 10-15 wood per swing, where as a tree gives you like 4-8. palettes can be found mainly inside buildings (places such as tilted, flush, etc.) meaning you don't need to go outside for farming wood, which is good as there's a lower chance of being spotted by other players.

Thankyou for the advice, reading this made me wonder; where's the best place to land in general? I've been going to wailing woods in order to farm trees without too much resistance, although it generally requires a lot of running to get to the circle which isn't too desirable, along with not that spectacular loot.

Originally Posted by McNuggets View Post
In solo sniper mode, if you're in a close gun fight with someone, build a wall before they shoot, then it'll usually break, get your shot off and then build a wall. Make sure you limit the amount of times they can hit you. Also don't jump, everyone jumps, wait until they land to take your most accurate shot, and other then that, i'd take a sniper, two hr, or a HR and crossbow, those are good for no scopes. Hope it helps brother!

I'll give it a go, thankyou for the advice!

Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
everyone else will be building bases at top 10 point of the game, so it's just one more target for the people on the ground, but just look around or if you're really getting scared just move somewhere and build another one. i also recommend to build a bigger base when you're done building it, as in adding floors to it and pyramids, a lot of pyramids (you can use them as ramps except they conserve more space than just adding a floor and a ramp)

I'm having a hard time picturing that process, would you be able to provide a video / screenshots of the construction of it?