Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Toribash Next: A New TA?
I know Toribash Next is still some time from being done but honestly after 6 years i have lost interest in this game and i don't see myself returning to a full activity until Toribash Next is released. I'm anticipating this release because i think its a good opportunity to give TA yet another revamped appearance and curriculum.

So I would like to use this thread for everyone give their ideas for what we can do to be the best possible organization for Toribash Next.

-One of my thoughts is that the release of the new game will bring a surge of new players that have no experience with the toribash platform. We should take advantage of that. Maybe write a basic introduction to aikido that will teach them the principles of aikido so they have a better chance against the players with years of experience.

-Also i want some sort of recruiting system that has rewards for bringing in open minded and dedicated players. Something like a pyramid scheme where you recruit 5 players, and then each of them will bring in 5 players and so on. Possibly we could have it so if you sponsor X amount of accepted members you are granted a council seat. (Obviously there would be more stipulations than just that so don't get angry).

Post you're own ideas and we can expand on this together.
Last edited by footlox; Nov 29, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
err let's wait and see how it works before deciding, i mean we can easily reinstall everything if needed
the needed is the main word, i mean sure we can be optimistic, but i'll try to stay sceptic as usual, if new one will allow same degree of movement and control - sure, if it's gonna be inverse kinematics only, we would not be able to do much

if we talk about new members etc, i would say forget it, we never were and never will be mainstream, thats just the way we are, because of our principles, philosophy, play style and attitude
we can surely get more popular, but it will cost lowering standards, so the question you would want to ask yourself would be: do we want to enjoy the game as we do and promote our way, accepting that it will never be mainstream, or do we want to compromise on our ways, lower the standards and become " just another org " albeit more popular ;)
Last edited by snake; Nov 30, 2017 at 01:23 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
We'll I would respond to that saying there is no other org like us that does what we do to the degree that we do it.
So I would consider lowering the bar for membership as long as we stay true to our fundamental principles, but I've always said that and you guys refuted it (ie: Player Profiles), so here we are.

Now obviously we're gonna wait for the new game to be released before making any major transitions I just wanted to get some ideas going. I can only hope that TBN is an improved version that allows more realistic mechanics in TA. If that is the case then all our basic principles and 90% of our techniques in the technique library will still be applicable in the new game because they are based on basic principles of fighting.
-----
PS: FUCK bro where have you been?? Hop in discord anytime!
Last edited by footlox; Nov 30, 2017 at 02:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Toribash Martial Artists
Your first idea is good in my opinion, as for the second one, well ya, as snake just said being mainstream is not an option for this organization because of this:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
principles, philosophy, play style and attitude

And I'm kind of agree, I mean being an 'easy to enter' without any principles is just not like us. We've been doing what I think is best for us, like being picky and stuffs. As we know most of our members are ya, we could rate their skill with an 8 or even 10. And I also don't really like that new way to enter the council members, it's kind of not aikido related but ye, it could be, but not really.

I think we should wait.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
To be clear I didn't exactly say anything about changing membership requirements I just was saying how we should take advantage of the influx of new players.
Toribash Martial Artists
Ah ya, that is possible Footl-- Aquita what the hek.

Ya, it is good to increase the interest of new players towards Aikido even if it's not going to be that easy but yea, atleast we tried. But I think it would looks some kind of convincing enough if we show 'em more the fun of aikido specially in some kind of cinematic shit and visual stuffs, where is our YOUTUBE again?!
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
That's a good idea but i don't have any experience with video or replay making. I think monkey or someone was going to make a TA video a while back but it was never finished.
Toribash Martial Artists
the game play will totally change guys so "veteran" will have to learn too but ofc they will learn faster than new players