Toribash
Original Post
Gameplay Over Graphics (Opinions)
So many gamers out there say they prefer game play over graphics though I don't think this is entirely true. What do you think? Gameplay or Graphics?
easy gameplay, but i know a friend that goes for graphics aswell so yeah
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
I love graphics in a game, although It would take away from the general aspect of it if the game is unplayable.

I don't exactly dislike any certain quality up to a point, but the games that come from the big companies are OK as long as there aren't any bugs interfering with enjoyment.
8-)
I can't play a game unless it has good graphics (graphics in terms of quality/resolution). If a first person game is pixelated I can't play it. I don't mind if a side-scroller game is pixelated because they don't really need graphics to improve their game play and good graphics may ruin side-scrollers. It may confuse you with whats in the map and whats in your way etc... In my opinion, Minecraft got lucky with the fact their game has two basic tasks yet they have been turned into something much more by their community. Nobody seemed to care about the graphics but now shaders exist so it doesn't matter anyways.

I was watching this video which compared Halo 4 graphics to Battlefield 3 graphics (both on current gen consoles) and were about 1 or 2 years apart with Halo 4 being the newer game. I was so amazed by how great the Halo 4 graphics were, I had never really noticed because I was always focused on the gameplay. Halo 4 is another game whhere graphics don't matter, in this case it's because the community love the game, many Halo fans still play Halo 3 and enjoy it despite it's graphics. Battlefield is a game which has to have decent graphics to be playable, especially with its huge maps and 64 man servers. Gameplay is good but without the good graphics it wouldn't be what it is.

Keep in mind these are just opinions.
While I do like realistic looking games, the older ones such as the first counter strike are very enjoyable.
8-)
I like the different styles games go for as well, because sometimes when they go for uniqueness over realisticness, it turns out amazingly. Such as borderlands with the cell shading art.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Very true. I remember playing games like Vietnam, Brothers in Arms and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 7 years ago. I am asking myself why I enjoyed those games so much! It was because they were fun to play and I had completely ignored the graphics. Games that are so fun they make you ignore the graphics are games with good potential.
I remember when ragdoll effects were added in gta4.

many days were lost...
8-)
Haha yeah, I was so eager to get GTA 4. Then the expansion pack came out and the almighty Gods had brought us the Buzzard! Now you compare GTA 4 graphics to GTA 5 and it's amazing how much they have improved. Same goes for Halo. If you have seen Halo 5 graphics they are so amazing! The graphics have improved greatly but it still looks like Halo, if you know what I mean.
Oh yea.

I saw a lot of the 2014 e3 games that are coming out late 2014 or 2015 and holy shit.

I don't like batman games but the one they showed got my interest. I wish I could find the website that showed all of the big games.
8-)