ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Real time ranking
In the upcoming day or so I will switch out the ranking system.

The means all ranks will be reset and you will show up as "Unranked" first game you play. (Or if you have a custom belt it says rank 0, this is a bug in the client).

The new system has multiple rankings:
- Global ranking, contains your overall ranking (like the first ranking system we had)
- Mod ranking, one ranking per mod (now you can be rank #1 in aikido.tbm etc)

What has been improved:
- Ranking is real time, updates right after the match.
- Ranking is based on a modified Elo formula that suits Toribash.
- Online ranking page, http://forum.toribash.com/tori_ranking.php

Note! We are still checking how it behaves under load of multiple servers running. I might need a few server restart to get out any glitches.

Ranking is bugged when playing against unranked players, I'm trying to find out what happend. Rankings will probably be reset. Please be patient.
Last edited by hampa; Apr 16, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Originally Posted by fbi69 View Post
Cool hampa , and what is "based on a modified Elo formula that suits Toribash"??

We have modified to assume you play a lot more games than a typical chess player.

What this means for Toribash Elo is that it can only go up down ~1 point per game.

Since everybody is unranked to start with, it will take a while before it stabilizes.
its such a shame that we have to start again... no, more like want to start again.
all that hard work for nothing.
Last edited by Hagan; Apr 16, 2011 at 06:56 AM.
I guess I dont understand. 1st rank system was easy, 2nd was bit confusing and now I feel like child in the mist. Could anybody explain it in simple matter, like mod rank = and global= ?

The thing that will be confusing is when you win/lose a match and your rank doesnt change. Either because someone else just played at the same time as your or something else.